Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Det. Special

I wonder how many of those are out there. Truly the last of the unshrouded ejector rod Detective Specials.

And SHOW US THE FLORAL GRIPS!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Darryl may be worried about a gender identity crisis if those flowery grips get out in the open.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Darryl may be worried about a gender identity crisis if those flowery grips get out in the open.
    Floral carved leather is popular, surely he's not worried it'll clash.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Floral carved leather is popular, surely he's not worried it'll clash.
    I am the king of floral leather...but yes, these clash. I have a feeling this spent a bit of time hanging out of grandpa’s pocket.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Maybe it's me being contrarian...but I kind of like them. Kind of reminds me of an old totem pole.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Maybe it's me being contrarian...but I kind of like them. Kind of reminds me of an old totem pole.
    Oh, that got some serious character, but I had the Charles Daly’s that I thought looked better.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Those are pretty well done grips. Maybe it's because I was envisioning a gun made in the '70's, grips from the '70's...

Another good grab, my man.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Reminds me of the Saint's logo. fleur de lis? FWIW, my preference on the D-frame is the same as for a Smith K-frame, factory stocks with a Tyler-t grip.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I am the king of floral leather...but yes, these clash. I have a feeling this spent a bit of time hanging out of grandpa’s pocket.
    Bet the old fella could put a .32 bullet through an eyeball with those stocks...

When I read "floral grips" for some reason I envisioned something that looked like a formica kitchen counter top from the 70's. Nothing wrong with those.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List