Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weird Det. Special

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Reminds me of the Saint's logo. fleur de lis? FWIW, my preference on the D-frame is the same as for a Smith K-frame, factory stocks with a Tyler-t grip.
    I have numerous D frames with factory stocks and T grips. It’s the only way I can shoot the Colts. For my favorites and ones I carry, Spegel boot grips are my favorite but hard to get and my beater Agent has some rare 1.5 ginger Eagles on it.
    The carved grips are neat and will likely find a home on something.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    The carved grips are neat and will likely find a home on something.
    Serious question: what about on one of your Wolf and Klar wheelguns?

Would it work with the red-eyed longhorns?

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Serious question: what about on one of your Wolf and Klar wheelguns?

Would it work with the red-eyed longhorns?
    They’ll only work on a short grip post 1966 D frame.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    When I read "floral grips" for some reason I envisioned something that looked like a formica kitchen counter top from the 70's. Nothing wrong with those.

Troop 224, you beat me to it. I like these.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Troop 224, you beat me to it. I like these.
    Some day a late sixties or early 70’s 4” Police Positive will be lonely on a shelf somewhere and be a neat fit.

Thread title is accurate.

New grips deserve better. Old grips are "unique". I'm so confused.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    Thread title is accurate.

New grips deserve better. Old grips are "unique". I'm so confused.......
    So I guess the P-F poll would be to put the old grips back on and save the nice ones....

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    So I guess the P-F poll would be to put the old grips back on and save the nice ones....
    Yes, for a gun with a less interesting backstory.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Nice find!
    Coincidentally, recently in the used case at my LGS was a late model DS wearing what looked like Herretts. What was cool about them was that they were made for a lefty.......you couldn't tell by looking, but you immediately felt it when swapping the gun from hand to hand.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    For looks, definitely. The current ones throw off the visual balance for me. Too new looking, too chunky with the finger grooves, and the plow handle shape has too big a foot print at the bottom. I think they'd look better on a larger, more substantial revolver. The carved ones have the story and the balance for the more delicate and light D-frame.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List