Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Det. Special

Weird Det. Special

As a D frame collector, this one had to come home. In 1978 at the very end of the Detective Special production Colt started shoving old barrels in frames and getting rid of them. How about a 1960’s Colt .32 New Police barrel plugged into a Late 70’s frame. Presto. It had some super funky floral wood grips from the 102 year old prior owner. I had these old Charles Daly combat grips that needed a home.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    ....I want to see the floral grips.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Me too!

How does it shoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    ^^^^^^ This.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    How does it shoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    .32 N.P. Is a very light recoiling round. The owner of the gun would have been a senior citizen in his 60’s in 1978. It was probably a good gun shop recommendation for a light recoiling easy to shoot gun that was the guys “desk gun” for another 40 years.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    As a D frame collector, this one had to come home. In 1978 at the very end of the Detective Special production Colt started shoving old barrels in frames and getting rid of them. How about a 1960’s Colt .32 New Police barrel plugged into a Late 70’s frame. Presto. It had some super funky floral wood grips from the 102 year old prior owner. I had these old Charles Daly combat grips that needed a home.
    We had one of these in our safe at work when I started in ‘81. We ended up with it because someone used it in a suicide. Went to the smelter in the early ‘90s.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Those flural grips should be a shoot-off prize at the next Revolver Round-up.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Yo tambien !

That’s a cool revolver.

User Tag List