Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The kids are alright..."Monkey on the loose in San Antonio Airport"

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I assume that's the picture txdpd posted above yours.
    That pic, right there, just re-ingnited the personal 9 v 45 debate for me. Thanks. Thanks a lot...

(I realize that I am more likely to win the lotto and start collecting 3xx Ferraris than get jumped by a rabid chimp, but I still can’t help eyeballing the gov’t 1911 for edc after that post...)

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=d-0vbvy2ip4

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That pic, right there, just re-ingnited the personal 9 v 45 debate for me. Thanks. Thanks a lot...

(I realize that I am more likely to win the lotto and start collecting 3xx Ferraris than get jumped by a rabid chimp, but I still can’t help eyeballing the gov’t 1911 for edc after that post...)
    Planet of the Apes? Closer than you think.

I'd go with 9 for capacity. Everything is harder to shoot when no one has the courtesy to stand still and get shot.
    Last edited by txdpd; 05-22-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Site Supporter

Personally I am going to be asking @orionz06 to make an AIWB holster for a Tac 14

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post

I'd go with 9 for capacity. Everything is harder to shoot when no one has the courtesy to stand still and get shot.
    If they’re moving, they’re not clamped on my face. I’m only worried about ECQC here: extreme close quarter chimps.

Actually, now that I’m typing aloud, the old, full-house .357 makes some sense as a stand-off device. Flash in the Pan...

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalis Discipulo View Post
    Personally I am going to be asking @orionz06 to make an AIWB holster for a Tac 14
    I'l trade for that green Sinn U1.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    That self preservation lizard brain response to an animal attack is deeply ingrained in the human psyche.
    I've seen guys who would immediately jump right in the middle of several people fighting (even when weapons were involved) that held back or even retreated when a large aggressive dog took in after someone.
    Maybe the fear of being eaten is greater than the fear of just being killed?
    We had a thread here or maybe it was over on TPI, about the mindset of people "talking shit at gunpoint". Where a considerable number of anecdotal observations boiled down to, "People will talk a lot of shit at gun point, but far fewer will talk shit at knife point."

The visceral, instinctual, reaction to sharp things going into your skin is a real phenomena, as far as I am concerned. A chimp biting you, or a baboon trying to rip your face off, isn't really that much different than an aggressive gang banger going after you with a knife. Maybe if we all rolled BJJ with chimps or dogs, we might get less fearful (maybe not). Something is deeply hardwired though and and when teeth, claws, or blades get involved, it seems to come out more.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=d-0vbvy2ip4

Planet of the Apes? Closer than you think.

Chimps are pretty damn robust animals. Their skulls are pretty strong and when they're in the mood to fight...well as near as I can tell, it's like trying to fight a muscular and pissed off 125-pound crackhead, with ridiculous agility.

My friend who used to do the monkey research, worked with Rhesus macaques, where a "big" male is ~25 pounds. And what she discovered is that even though she is 5'10", 140 pounds, and very fit, a pissed off 25-pound Rhesus macaque could make her his bitch if she wasn't aggressive with it. When she started that work, we started a lifting regime at the gym, it wasn't until she could squat 1.5x her body weight and do four sets of 50-pound curls that she could really "out muscle" an aggressive 8kg monkey.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 05-22-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Walther PPQ 45 gives you 12 rounds in a package the same size as the 1911.

...just sayin'...
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Walther PPQ 45 gives you 12 rounds in a package the same size as the 1911.

...just sayin'...
    Shame it's a Walther. The literal Umarex of centerfire guns...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Shame it's a Walther. The literal Umarex of centerfire guns...
    The PPQ 45 is made at the Walther factory in Ulm. The Umarex factory is in Arnsberg.

NYAH!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    This is what happens when you call the law for a face eating chimp:

In a bizarre, but now-familiar incident, a woman calls the police to deal with a crazed chimp that is eating her friend (www.wfsb. com/news/18742956/detail.html). Look at the highlighted part:

DISPATCHER: Stamford 911 where’s your emergency?

HEROLD: Inaudible ... 241
    RockRockrimmon Road (chimp begins screaming) send the police!

DISPATCHER: What’s the problem? (Chimp screaming)

HEROLD: Send the police! (Chimp screaming)

DISPATCHER: What’s the problem there? (Chimp screaming)

HEROLD: The, that the chimp killed my, my friend.

DISPATCHER: What’s wrong with your friend? (Chimp screaming)

HEROLD: (gasps, breathing hard, press- es button) (Chimp screaming)

DISPATHER: What’s the problem with your friend? (Chimp screaming)

HEROLD: Oh, please! (Chimp heard screaming in background)

DISPATCHER: What’s the problem with your friend, I need to know. (Chimp screaming)

HEROLD: Send the police up with a gun, with a gun, hurry up! (Chimp screaming)
    DISPATCHER: Who has the gun? HEROLD: Please hurry up! Please hur-
    ry up! He’s killin’ my girlfriend!

DISPATCHER TO POLICE: 241
    Rockrimmon Road they’re sayin’ someone has a gun and trying to kill somebody.

----

Google chimp attacks on how they like to rip off your balls and feet and eat your face. On labl monkeys, you had to watch them as some of the rhesus would spend the whole day shaking their cage doors to crystallize the metal, so it would break.

User Tag List