Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The kids are alright..."Monkey on the loose in San Antonio Airport"

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m told it was actually a Baboon.
    Baboon, monkey - whatever.

I've literally got a degree in Anthropology. I'm not splitting this ape hair...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Ironically, I have a dress on layaway in Anthropology.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    I hate monkeys. They aren't as clever as they think they are, and they need to wipe that look off their face.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Ironically, I have a dress on layaway in Anthropology.
    Doesn’t that give you issues with your AIWB draw?

Site Supporter
    Monkeys are dangerous. I worked in a Rhesus lab for bit. A woman was walking a 'nice' rhesus on a chain but it jumped on her head and started removing her scalp. One thing to point out, when an animal attacks you, your co-workers head for the horizon. Glad I wasn't there for that. Heard a story of cat that came out of anesthesia, leapt up to bite the guy on the neck and rip all four claws down his front.

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  8.4 KB

Not to mention more immediate problems like eating your face.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Monkeys are dangerous. I worked in a Rhesus lab for bit. A woman was walking a 'nice' rhesus on a chain but it jumped on her head and started removing her scalp. One thing to point out, when an animal attacks you, your co-workers head for the horizon. Glad I wasn't there for that. Heard a story of cat that came out of anesthesia, leapt up to bite the guy on the neck and rip all four claws down his front.
    Monkeys are strong as hell and can be aggressive. Wasn’t there some woman killed/maimed by her pet chimp a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    That self preservation lizard brain response to an animal attack is deeply ingrained in the human psyche.
    I've seen guys who would immediately jump right in the middle of several people fighting (even when weapons were involved) that held back or even retreated when a large aggressive dog took in after someone.
    Maybe the fear of being eaten is greater than the fear of just being killed?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Monkeys are strong as hell and can be aggressive. Wasn’t there some woman killed/maimed by her pet chimp a while back.
    I assume that's the picture txdpd posted above yours.

User Tag List