Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyler T-grips finally arrived

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Took both of my 3 inchers to the range this AM - the M65 depicted above and my only N Frame - an ugly as hell shooter grade Lew Horton M29-3.
    This happened - posted in reloading forum:Attachment 26495
    Put M29 away and got out M65. After about 25 rounds, the revolver seized up. Removed rounds and no change. No rubbing on forcing cone. Not a good day in revolver land today...
    Name:  FAAE5D76-8CAD-49B2-BDF7-40FC1AE06DCF.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  34.0 KB
    Had our retired S&W armorer fix and smooth the action. Said that this was one of the strangest jobs he ever did. Action was full of crud but there was no wear on the internals and no endshake which he believes caused the gun to do what it did. Took it to the range about ten days ago. Two cylinders fired at fifteen feet double action. Slick as snot on a doorknob.
    I now fully understand why the 3” K Smiths are so desirable...
    Last edited by deputyG23; 06-21-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Name:  FAAE5D76-8CAD-49B2-BDF7-40FC1AE06DCF.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  34.0 KB
    Had our retired S&W armorer fix and smooth the action. Said that this was one of the strangest jobs he ever did. Action was full of crud but there was no wear on the internals and no endshake which he believes caused the gun to do what it did. Took it to the range about ten days ago. Two cylinders fired at fifteen feet double action. Slick as snot on a doorknob.
    I now fully understand why the 3” K Smiths are so desirable...
    They are among the most desirable of firearms. Perhaps a bit of blasphemy, but if I had to reduce my accumulation to my 13-3, 642, hunting rifle, shotgun, and a .22 of some description, I believe I would be fine for most any situation I would encounter.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    No, no, no. You absolutely, positively need several ARs, three matching semi-auto pistols with at least 17 round mags, an assortment of pistols for various concealed (and back country open) carry scenarios, bolt guns ranging in caliber from .17 HMR to .375 H&H, shotguns for HD, gaming, upland hunting, and waterfowl hunting, a couple dozen .22s (hand and shoulder-fired), and a whole bunch of revolvers just because they're neato. It's very important that everybody understand such an assortment is representative of a responsible gun owner's reasonable preparedness.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    They are among the most desirable of firearms. Perhaps a bit of blasphemy, but if I had to reduce my accumulation to my 13-3, 642, hunting rifle, shotgun, and a .22 of some description, I believe I would be fine for most any situation I would encounter.
    This sounds like a doable downsizing/retirement battery to handle most anything. Problem is, you need spares of all of that.....

I received my Tyler T-Grips today. Check cashed 13 Jul. Delivered today. Quoted website time 4-6 weeks. No markings of any sort and do not look like old T-grips. I would buy the Robertson's alternative all day everyday over these. YMMV.

User Tag List