Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyler T-grips finally arrived

Site Supporter

Tyler T-grips finally arrived

Name:  E14BFA84-F88F-426E-86E0-5C3D101EE729.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  47.5 KB
    After eight weeks of waiting, my T-Grips finally arrived. Very pleased now that they are now on their host revolvers. Please excuse the piss poor cell phone photography.
    Range trip forthcoming as soon as our monsoon here in VA is over..
    Last edited by deputyG23; 05-19-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Site Supporter
    Sweet!

Did you order them direct? GB seems to be a lot faster.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The last direct order I sent in was under 3 weeks.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

NICE PAIR OF S&W 65s!

And , FWIW, over on the Smith-Wesson Forum BK Grips come highly recommended.... My guns have always had Tyler’s, but their CS and order to delivery times seem to vary considerably. YMMV.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    NICE PAIR OF S&W 65s!

And , FWIW, over on the Smith-Wesson Forum BK Grips come highly recommended.... My guns have always had Tyler’s, but their CS and order to delivery times seem to vary considerably. YMMV.
    BKs, if I recall correctly, do not come in the polished aluminum finish I wanted for the 4” M64. The retired officer I bought it from had polished the exterior and he must have had a duty action job done on it. The DA trigger is exceptionally smooth but not light.
    I suspect that Fred Schmidt did the work. He was a local pistol smith who did a lot of revolver work back in the day.
    The 3” M65 got a brushed aluminum one which BK, I believe, does not offer.
    The order was mailed on March 20 and the check was cashed on March 26th. I called to check in late April about the order. No answer. I sent a text on May 7th and got a reply within five minutes. The person that responded told me that he had been in hospital and his son was working to get 500 units shipped out.
    Definitely an old school way of doing business but I am happy with the results.
    That M64 is now set up exactly like my last issued one from years ago. I intend to wear it to work on my last day on the job if I have a choice.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 05-20-2018 at 05:05 AM.

...That M64 is now set up exactly like my last issued one from years ago. I intend to wear it to work on my last day on the job if I have a choice.

What an excellent idea!
    Last edited by Det1397; 05-20-2018 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Added quote from Dep23

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    NICE PAIR OF S&W 65s!

I have both. IIRC, the BK Grips website shows what’s in stock. He ships quickly.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    After eight weeks of waiting, my T-Grips finally arrived. Very pleased now that they are now on their host revolvers. Please excuse the piss poor cell phone photography.
    8 weeks!
    Outstanding! Half of mine a few years back!
    They couldna been nicer folks though. I didn't mind.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Took both of my 3 inchers to the range this AM - the M65 depicted above and my only N Frame - an ugly as hell shooter grade Lew Horton M29-3.
    This happened - posted in reloading forum:Name:  BADF84F2-86AD-4871-ACF5-13002CC9304D.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  47.8 KB
    Put M29 away and got out M65. After about 25 rounds, the revolver seized up. Removed rounds and no change. No rubbing on forcing cone. Not a good day in revolver land today...

User Tag List