Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Intuit, Quickbooks steals tens of thousands of dollars from Gunsite

Site Supporter
    FWIW... I use OnPay for Payroll with QB integration.
    They also support Xero, which I have not done much research on... https://www.xero.com/us/

If anyone has any info to share on Xero, I'd be interested..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Damn it. I literally just spent weeks trying out various small business accounting software packages and settled on Quickbooks because it is the only one I could find that could connect to my bank and access my business accounts. Fuck me.
    Try Xero. I switched from QB two years ago. It is less expensive and pretty easy to use. Easy to integrate Credit Cards Via Stripe or Square and will download the bank transactions.

www.xero.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    Try Xero. I switched from QB two years ago. It is less expensive and pretty easy to use. Easy to integrate Credit Cards Via Stripe or Square and will download the bank transactions.

www.xero.com
    Square is not gun friendly.
    Don't know about Stripe.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I’m pretty unhappy that I signed up for Mint.com and will be bailing out of that asap. In retrospect, what a stupid idea!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I’m pretty unhappy that I signed up for Mint.com and will be bailing out of that asap. In retrospect, what a stupid idea!
    I just did the "delete account" and with the exit questionnaire I told them I no longer trusted their integrity enough to allow them to have my financial information based on their dealings with Gunsite, etc.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Representative Jeb Hendsarling (R-Tx)has a strong 2nd amendment record. But I think he elected to step out of the batters box yesterday on CNBC with this comment.

"Anybody who believes in the Second Amendment is free not to do business with Citi and free not to do business BofA," Hensarling, who is not seeking re-election, said in a "Squawk Box" interview. "There are plenty of other banks out there who respect the Second Amendment perhaps even more." The Texas Republican, who is chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, said private institutions, including large national banks, should be able to have their own culture.

Culture? Since when does your culture give you the right to discriminate against legal activity? I am very disappointed. People like Hensarling (House Financial Services Committee) should be the vanguard ensuring fair and equal access to banking services. Very disappointing.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/hens...gunmakers.html
    Last edited by Pacioli; 05-23-2018 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Add link to source

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    Since when does your culture give you the right to discriminate against legal activity?
    It's America. They're free to run their business as they see fit, and you're free to do business with them or business or not. Companies and corporations have been doing stuff to other companies and corporations forever, so this is nothing new. It's just aimed at gun related companies and gun owners, and those are not protected classes.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It's America. They're free to run their business as they see fit, and you're free to do business with them or business or not. Companies and corporations have been doing stuff to other companies and corporations forever, so this is nothing new. It's just aimed at gun related companies and gun owners, and those are not protected classes.
    If you believe in a free market, there should be no protected classes and no right to forbid classes access to the market. Free market means free access to the marketplace. Restricting access to a certain segment that could otherwise participate is, by definition, anti-free market. If you offer widgets for $x, everyone with $x can buy a widget.

What we are seeing is a regulated market where those with more economic pull are deciding what's good for the rest of us. It is a smaller version of a cartel, but with social engineering as the goal instead of profit manipulation. If you believe that supply and demand set price, restricting supply of financial options for gun related businesses will necessarily increase the price they pay for financing, etc.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Several recent court decisions would tend to disagree with you. I personally agree that businesses should be free to run their businesses as they see fit and you can in turn take your money elsewhere, but the courts don't seem to hold that opinion:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...edding-n833321

https://aclu-co.org/court-rules-bake...st-gay-couple/

My position is that if you are open for business, you are open for business for everyone. I thought we settled this in the 60s.

User Tag List