Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Intuit, Quickbooks steals tens of thousands of dollars from Gunsite

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    My position is that if you are open for business, you are open for business for everyone. I thought we settled this in the 60s.
    Jim Crow laws for gun owners and businesses. It's all the rage.
    Last edited by blues; 05-23-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    If government can require businesses to comply with ADA, and workplace safety laws, and every other of the thousands of laws businesses are required to follow, I don't have any heartburn about requiring businesses to not discriminate against an enumerated right.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

OK, perhaps not the most apt analogy.

Denying banking services is a very effective means of killing a business. Can I go "across the street" and get what I need? Yes, for now, until all or most of the banks decide they don't like my business. But is it legal for a bank to discriminate based on their like or dislike of activity which is not illegal. I don't think it is. And I don't think the issue is being addressed properly, or even seriously, by those who can, and should, step in.

OK, perhaps not the most apt analogy.

Denying banking services is a very effective means of killing a business. Can I go "across the street" and get what I need? Yes, for now, until all or most of the banks decide they don't like my business. But is it legal for a bank to discriminate based on their like or dislike of activity which is not illegal. I don't think it is. And I don't think the issue is being addressed properly, or even seriously, by those who can, and should, step in.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with your analogy. It's a matter of degree, of course, (not to mention human suffering), but the principle is similar.

You are not making light of anyone's struggle.

Will there be schools, water fountains, motels and neighborhoods that gun owners won't be able to attend or utilize? Will their children be kept off buses?

This does not denigrate the civil rights movement, nor the suffering of those who were the victims of vicious Jim Crow laws. In fact, many former fringe groups benefited by learning from the struggles of those who fought the status quo, and have adopted their methods for getting justice.

Are we law abiding citizens not good enough?
    Last edited by blues; 05-23-2018 at 09:21 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Can I go "across the street" and get what I need? Yes, for now, until all or most of the banks decide they don't like my business. But is it legal for a bank to discriminate based on their like or dislike of activity which is not illegal. I don't think it is. And I don't think the issue is being addressed properly, or even seriously, by those who can, and should, step in.
    Agreed...

Can a bank check your social media and deny your patronage based on your opinions expressed therein?

Much of non-discrimination law (race, gender, etc) was defined well after 1789, IIRC. (/sarc)
    Why are businesses able to discriminate against an originalist civil right, but not against those that are gender-non-conforming?

Boggles.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I'm researching merchant banks and gateway providers right now in order to sever ties with Intuit completely. I've been using Quick Books software and Quick Books Merchant Services for a long time as they were the best fit and the least offensive when I first set things up. That's obviously not the case today.

Mr. Campbell recommended Sage 50 (formerly Peach Tree) as far as book keeping software goes but stated that he was still looking for the perfect fit in a merchant service.
    https://www.sage.com/en-us/cp/sage-5...FcfIwAodIyUABg
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    I'm researching merchant banks and gateway providers right now in order to sever ties with Intuit completely. I've been using Quick Books software and Quick Books Merchant Services for a long time as they were the best fit and the least offensive when I first set things up. That's obviously not the case today.

Mr. Campbell recommended Sage 50 (formerly Peach Tree) as far as book keeping software goes but stated that he was still looking for the perfect fit in a merchant service.
    https://www.sage.com/en-us/cp/sage-5...FcfIwAodIyUABg
    FWIW, we signed up via PaymentDepot.com and like the rates.
    The merchant service agreement is here. No mention of "gun" or "fire" in the document. Please let me know if you find otherwise.
    Gateweay is Authorize.net. Their MSA is here. (link opens PDF).
    Also no mention of gun or fire.... I'm not in the gun business, so, I didn't spend a lot of time scouring the agreements for way they might screw gun businesses, so, caveat emptor.

Site Supporter
    ^^^ Hence the caveat. Thanks!

Interesting that my agreements with tsys and auth don't mention guns anywhere.

Bayou Renaissance Man has an email exchange with the Intuit CEO posted here:

https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot...th-intuit.html

And American Rifleman has picked this up:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-with-gunsite/
    Last edited by Erick Gelhaus; 05-23-2018 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Additional information

We will win this fight, because we believe in our cause more than our opponent believes in theirs.

User Tag List