Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intuit, Quickbooks steals tens of thousands of dollars from Gunsite

Intuit, Quickbooks steals tens of thousands of dollars from Gunsite

Another example of a business outside the community attacking on a financial level. I just confirmed the accuracy of the story with Campbell. Actions, behavior such as this ought to scare everyone if a company is going to steal your money because they despise your product.

Story here:
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-card-charges/

I severed ties with Intuit a good fifteen years or more ago as a result of their unethical behavior in regards to how they managed both Quicken and TurboTax. Good to see that my assessment of their corporate character and culture were spot on.

I hope Gunsite takes them to the cleaners via the courts. There is no way that any court worth its salt would let this stand.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Anybody have a suggested replacement for Quicken and TurboTax for personal finances?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Anybody have a suggested replacement for Quicken and TurboTax for personal finances?
    I went from TurboTax to TaxAct about a dozen years ago...now that TaxAct has jacked their prices, I used FreeTaxUSA this year for the first time and it was stellar. Federal return free, $12.95 for the federal.

I don't use personal finance software like Quicken anymore, but I do track a portfolio on Morningstar at no cost.

Here's a list of some alternatives to Quicken:

https://www.google.com/search?q=alte...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by blues; 05-18-2018 at 07:37 PM.

I’ve used quicken for 15 years. I have no idea how to get switched off. It’s the only thing I know
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    I’ve used quicken for 15 years. I have no idea how to get switched off. It’s the only thing I know

Quicken is NOT owned by Intuit. It got spun off a few years ago.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Very interesting. I'll be sure and mention this to our accounting team.

Time to go buy some Gunsite coffee mugs as gifts!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    While this does suck, businesses (especially firearms related businesses) really should get in the habit of reading the Acceptable Use Policy for any services they use.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/paymen...cceptable-use/

Indeed.

Intuit states plainly firearms aren’t allowed as per their terms and conditions. That means this is Gunsite’s screwup. They should have done due diligence and ensured their credit card processor was on board with a business relationship involving a gun business.

It sucks that there’s held money Gunsite is losing temporarily, but A) those are credit card charges being refunded back to the customers and B) Gunsite is still entitled to payment for goods and services rendered. They just have to call the customers and get checks or some other payment arranged instead of CCs due to the refunds.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I went from TurboTax to TaxAct about a dozen years ago...now that TaxAct has jacked their prices, I used FreeTaxUSA this year for the first time and it was stellar. Federal return free, $12.95 for the federal.

I don't use personal finance software like Quicken anymore, but I do track a portfolio on Morningstar at no cost.

Here's a list of some alternatives to Quicken:

https://www.google.com/search?q=alte...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    I meant to say $12.95 for the state return. Sorry for the error above.

I’d hate to mess with people who are professional gunslingers.[emoji57]

User Tag List