Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not buying anything else!

Not buying anything else!

I have decided I am not buying ANY more guns or gun related accessories (for myself) until one of two things happens: (1) I stop reading about dot failures in MRDS on pistols. Maybe see what the Type 3 RMR is like or (2) Smith &Wesson makes a 10mm M&P. C'mon Smith, I'm not asking for a kidney here!

Oh yea, I add "for myself", in there because I DO have to finish up my wife's AR pistol build. She's not part of of foot stomping protest
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter
    Good luck. Hope your will is stronger then mine.

I CALL....

Name:  1*4Zs0QZCQ3Ld6YZf7zaiWIw.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  89.6 KB
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I CALL....

[img]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1024/1*4Zs0QZCQ3Ld6YZf7zaiWIw.jpeg[/img]
    The pic was not viewable. Am I correct in assuming it was a bovine passing excrement

And yea, it is gonna be tricking because, while I wait, a DA 44mag would be a nice addition and have nothing to do with my Optics M&P plan lol
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Name:  evil20-cropped.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  70.1 KB

Bwhahaha!!!

They all succumb to temptation eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post
    The pic was not viewable. Am I correct in assuming it was a bovine passing excrement

And yea, it is gonna be tricking because, while I wait, a DA 44mag would be a nice addition and have nothing to do with my Optics M&P plan lol
    yea I tried posting that while on remote, saw the IMG tag didn't take... then remote went down and didn't come back before the edit window closed.
    such is life.

also don't feel bad; I wasn't going to buy anything this year either... already bought ammo (but only $95.17 worth!!!! .22lr is CHEAP again!) and another shockwave. now i'm eyeing some more 9mm, mostly because knee jerk reaction to what politicians will start screaming about.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Every time I proclaim a gun spending freeze something I've been wanting becomes available at a good price.

Good luck.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Every time I proclaim a gun spending freeze something I've been wanting becomes available at a good price.

Good luck.
    I've declared a gun purchase freeze in order to have funds for training. As a revolver collector, I'm not ruling out a random purchase for a desirable wheelgun as those don't come around every day, but I will not be hunting for one either.

The nice thing is my wife is fully on board with this plan. While a new gun would generate an eye roll, the same money in 1-3 classes is encouraged. For example, when she learned the CCW Foundation Skills class I want to take included trauma aid instruction, she agreed that would be a good class for me to take.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Good luck.
    Conversely, every time my gun spending freeze is about to come off, something else more pressing requires those funds.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I've declared a gun purchase freeze in order to have funds for training. As a revolver collector, I'm not ruling out a random purchase for a desirable wheelgun as those don't come around every day, but I will not be hunting for one either.

The nice thing is my wife is fully on board with this plan. While a new gun would generate an eye roll, the same money in 1-3 classes is encouraged. For example, when she learned the CCW Foundation Skills class I want to take included trauma aid instruction, she agreed that would be a good class for me to take.

Chris
    Ok, now THAT is sound logic I completely agree with! Years ago I made the statement, to a friend who was buying this an that - I don't want any more guns, I just want more AMMO. It was a friend who bought more than shot, not a good way to hone a skill set. Neither is trying to chase proficiency around the store (if I just had this bbl, these sights).

I'm trying to plan a 2019 "Guncation" for a couple friends and myself. I just don't know enough about who's who in the training world. Most of my training has been provided by my employers. I do not mind spending airfare, and a few bills on tuition BUT I don't want to GIVE money to someone who shouldn't be teaching. I'm in unfamiliar territory, on this.

So far so good, tho. Been eyeing some new pistols, but I'm holding steady. "One day at a time" ~ Gun Junky motto
    Last edited by JATA; 05-19-2018 at 11:48 AM.

User Tag List