Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston School Shooting

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Houston School Shooting

From BBC News:

Up to eight people have been reported dead in a shooting at a Texas high school, which is on lockdown.

One person is in custody after the attack at Santa Fe High School, which is about 40 miles (65km) south of Houston, according to school officials.

The school district has confirmed people were injured in an "active shooter" incident as classes began.

It is unclear if the attacker was a student. Police have not yet confirmed any fatalities.

Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted that one person was in custody and "a second one detained".

"An injured police officer is being treated, the extent of his injuries are unknown," he wrote.
    Last edited by Chance; 05-18-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

More details from Wall Street Journal:

Authorities are reporting that multiple deaths have occurred in a shooting at a high school in Santa Fe, Texas—near Houston. Officials also report a suspect is in custody.

The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas, was treating three patients from the scene with gunshot wounds early Friday, according to David Marshall, the hospital’s chief nursing officer. Two were adults and one person was under the age of 18, he said, speaking during a news conference outside the facility.

The shooting took place early Friday morning at Santa Fe High School, authorities said. Students at the school told local TV news stations that the gunman burst into an art class at the school and opened fire, possibly with a shotgun.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

From NPR:

"There are multiple fatalities that have been confirmed," Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said. He added, "The number varies, but it could be anywhere between 8 to 10 fatalities at the school, including students and some adult staff as well."

Site Supporter
    Was hoping we’d get to the end of the school year without another one.

GRRrrrrr. My blood is boiling.

One of my SILs is a former public school teacher. She used to make good natured jokes about us being homeschooled. Events like these are one of the top 2 reasons she's homeschooling hers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

We had another similar shooting earlier this week that did not make the big-throw news machine. I think Greg E is spot on with his comments on that previous shooting, here:

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...chool-shooting

Commonalities appear to include early morning; targeting the resource officer; inside understanding of layout and lockdown proceedures, etc.

If only the powers that be at every school district in the country were well-read on Ellifritz. I’m not saying that Greg is the final word on this stuff, but he’s certainly on top of the subject and the problem, IMHO.

And so it begins ....

Name:  twitter-997492768728604673.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  35.6 KB

edited to add: I have no idea who this guy is. As far as I know, he's not famous. This just showed up in my Twitter feed this morning because somebody I follow "liked" it.

But the NRA-Russia connection is probably representative of the narrative we're going to be seeing.

So remember: calling MS-13 gang members "animals" is unacceptable. But calling NRA members "terrorists" with "blood on their hands" is expected during the Two Minutes Hate - all 720 of them per day.
    Last edited by BCG; 05-18-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post
    And so it begins ....

Name:  twitter-997492768728604673.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  35.6 KB
    “Sure, if we want to make up goofy shit to talk about”

These people are just as bad as “ours” who immediately assume this is purely a massive
    false flag Cia op.

Except they’re treated as legitimate.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I hope the family members of our Houston area members are okay.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

“We heard like five more bangs and a kid came out, had a black trench coat on, a sawed-off shotgun with a pistol grip..."
    Wonder if it's going to be one of the new TAC-14's or Shockwaves.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List