Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Trigger Safety Pin AD ?

Site Supporter

Glock Trigger Safety Pin AD ?

https://www.journal-news.com/news/gl...jfJrWUTSYKt0J/

According to the attached news story, this OH Officer’s Glock allegedly accidentally discharged because the pin which secures the tab safety into the trigger accidentally walked out, causing the pin to catch the edge of his holster.

Personally, I’m not buying it. It’s a blind pin and even if it walked, it appears to be too short to cause the issue described.

Thoughts ?

Site Supporter
    If that trigger safety pin did walk and cause this, I'd first wonder if it was one of the many aftermarket triggers out there. Getting the truth about unintentional/negligent firearms discharges is very difficult and I'd guess this one won't be an exception.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Must be a gadget-free zone.

In not buying it...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I’m also not buying it. I’ve never heard of one of those pins walking out.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Isn't there a story about a Zev trigger safety pin walking out and catching on a holster causing an ND?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    One of our sergeants at the range measured everything and determined the pin couldn't protrude past the trigger guard if everything is OEM.

That, IMO, leaves two options. Non-OEM parts or shenanigans.

Thought of a third. Kydex holster with too much protrusion into the trigger area.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 05-18-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I don’t believe the department’s explanation, but maybe the officer will be safer from now on.
    #RESIST

If youve ever removed the shoe from a Glock trigger, you will understand how horrendously unlikely this is.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    If youve ever removed the shoe from a Glock trigger, you will understand how horrendously unlikely this is.
    Just to clarify, the article isn’t saying the pin which holds the shoe to the trigger bar, but rather the blind pin which hold the tab safety in the shoe.

User Tag List