Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emergency(ish) DIY lefty Aiwb holster

If your serious about carrying a gun you’ll be well served to have a Off hand set up ready and waiting for life to happen. That way when it does you’ll be ready for it.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    If your serious about carrying a gun you’ll be well served to have a Off hand set up ready and waiting for life to happen. That way when it does you’ll be ready for it.
    I agree totally. I make it a point to have left hand holsters for all "working guns".

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Stand up. Bravo sir, yet another reason I like doing business with you.
    This.

I just ordered yet another DSG from Tom, this time for my Glock 42. Great products, support, and service!

Train so that the “weakness” leaves the body.

Train diligently with each hand, and feel the “weakness” leave your body. One side may well remain the better side, but there need be no “weak” side.

Being a natural left-hander, growing up in a right-handed world, this made sense long before I was acquainted with firearms. Well, actually, I write lefty, and do fine-motor skills better lefty, but throw right-handed, so am not a complete lefty, but pulling a trigger is usually regarded as a fine motor skill. I had to carry/use only DA revolvers as a cadet/rookie in the 1983-to-early 1985 time period, and the right-hand reload was more efficient than the left-hand reload, plus, drawing a relatively large, heavy revolver from the PD-issued low-slung holster was much like under-handed throwing, so I decided to carry “primary” on the right hip. I have had lefty and righty revolver holsters for as long as I can remember.

Yes, I had to dry fire a bazillion times, and live fire, too, but that was weakness/clumsiness “leaving” my right trigger finger, body, and brain. Life is good.

Today, with DA revolvers, my preferred weapon system, now that I am retired from LEO-ing, I have no “weak” side, except that the aches and pains of aging, wear, and tear are afflicting my right side more than the left.

I shoot Glocks better lefty than righty, but am equally comfortable using a Glock with either hand. I have left and right concealed-carry holsters for Glocks.

My third handgun system, the 1911, has always been a right-hand system, because I never liked the bulk of ambi safety levers, but I recently added a nice 1911 that has an ambi safety. Even so, I have lefty 1911 holsters, that I bought in the Nineties and early this century.
    Last edited by Rex G; 05-21-2018 at 03:22 PM.

I can't be the only "righty" thinking that I'd learn to shoot with my middle finger, am I?

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I can't be the only "righty" thinking that I'd learn to shoot with my middle finger, am I?
    Tried it... Not a fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Or, maybe, just maybe, some of these companies could make L/H holsters.

There are some holster businesses that participate here (and elsewhere) I'd love to do business with, however they either have never made L/H stuff or stopped making it.
    That only works if I can plan on being hand less. In this case it happened out if nowhere and needed an quick fix until my long term set up came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    That was a secondary point to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    What knife do/did you use? I know a guy that can probably hook you up with a non-shitty knife.
    Twas a spyderco delica I no longer have...

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Of course not. Using the middle finger is how all the pros do it.

Think the elite Israelis and Spetsnaz do it that way also, its the only way to get a proper high grip on the gun. At least thats the rumor.

User Tag List