Thread: Kimber k6 with 3inch barrel

Kimber k6 with 3inch barrel

I thought I had the last gun that I would ever need. That was until the other day while I was just window shopping at " Runnings " THEY had a kimber with a 3 inch barrel. I asked to look at it and it was areal piece of working shooting art. I didn't think the finish was as nice as the 2 inch revolver, but the sight picture was great. It was alittle big for a snubbie, but it would be a great gun for the winter time to carry in my heavy wool coat pocket at night. The price was a little steep, so it will give me some time to save a little. Just when you think you have enough there are always another 2 to want. After this Kimber a .22 revolver is all I am ever going to need.

Has anyone had any experience with the Kimber revolvers?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There's another thread on them around here somewhere. Use the Google custom search tool. Mixed reports. I personally wasn't very impressed with the attention to detail on the ones I handled, although I haven't shot one yet. Some of my observations in that thread were echoed by others.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I have a 3”, and am liking it so far - early days yet, though. I bought it as a small holster gun, not for the pocket.

I’ve a 2” for about 3 or 4 months now. My dealer had 5 or 6 different models, but no 3”. I examined them all and was blown away with the quite obviously great attention to detail in each of them. I bought the priciest of the lot, the “DC”, as I wanted the DLC finish, night sights, and G10’s. There is not a sharp edge to be found, and it is one of the easiest “adequate” little guns I’ve ever carried. I carry mine everyday in an OWB holster from Matt Whitefield, under an untucked shirt, in a medical office. I’ve been carrying for almost half a century, so I know the difference.
    Long term use by many folks may point out problems with the K6, time will tell. Almost forgot, mine, and each of the ones I tried had DA triggers like I’d never experienced before. Just superb!
    In case I wasn’t clear, I really like this revolver.
    Skip

User Tag List