Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Promotion test

Well deserved congratulations in advance! Let us know when the promotion party is going to be - we can do a Go Fund Me to make sure it lives up to PF standards!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Congrats (in advance), BBI. I hope you'll receive an assignment you'll thrive in.
    I'm reaching out to a certain district. I have a hunch I might get asked back into Investigations pretty quick, but I don't know for sure or if I want it. There's a certain allure to having no on-call time, etc. and being a street sergeant for awhile.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm reaching out to a certain district. I have a hunch I might get asked back into Investigations pretty quick, but I don't know for sure or if I want it. There's a certain allure to having no on-call time, etc. and being a street sergeant for awhile.
    Plus it avoids the issues with supervising folks you were peers with the day before...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Plus it avoids the issues with supervising folks you were peers with the day before...
    Sort of yes, sort of no. I trained everyone on that shift except for one and was the senior detective, taking care of admin stuff when we didn't have a sergeant, etc. My former partner moved to another branch in the office, so I wouldn't be supervising him. It'd be more like going from corporal to sergeant than anything else.

I've reached out to the commander I'd prefer to work for. My understanding is the commanders "draft" sergeants as they are promoted, so I figured I'd get out ahead of it. Honestly, there's only one district I want to avoid and that's a personality conflict issue with a LT there. I'd really like to return to the last district I worked before making detective, though.

That said, our current commander did tell us that we might not be moved if promoted, and for us once you make sergeant you're at the mercy of the department on where you're assigned. I'd really rather go back to the street, though, at least for a few years.

Based on what I have been able to gather from reading what you post here, you will do great things. I would be happy to work for you. Good luck and I hope it works out well for you.

Do keep us posted, BBI.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Good luck! And there is something to working a regular shift and not worring about the phone.

Congratulations BBI!

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Do departments check out applicants' social media posts?

User Tag List