Thread: Gold Line Front Sight

Gold Line Front Sight

Looking for recommendations on who can make me a front sight for a Model 57-5 Mountain Gun. Gold wire running longitudinally down the center of the ramp.

For something like that I would contact Jack Huntington. http://www.jrhadvancedgunsmithing.com/

Ted Yost gunsmith out of Arizona. Facebook or Google is your friend.

Nearly 50 years ago I asked Pachmayr to do that to my 1911. As I recall, the width of the gold inlay was about 1/3rd front sight width. It not only worked well for precision shots (depending on the light), but accuracy on quicker shots seemed to improve. I know that probably sounds unlikely.

Afterwards, I regretted not asking for two inlays, the second one being horizontal at the proper height for 100 yard shots. That would be for the occasional "Hold my Dr. Pepper and watch this" moments.
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 05-18-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Afterwards, I regretted not asking for two inlays, the second one being horizontal at the proper height for 100 yard shots. That would be for the occasional "Hold my Dr. Pepper and watch this" moments.
    IIRC Ross Seyfried had one or two horizontal lines on a front sight for Elmer Keith shots. @wvincent should consider that if there is somewhere to shoot long range with that .41.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    IIRC Ross Seyfried had one or two horizontal lines on a front sight for Elmer Keith shots. @wvincent should consider that if there is somewhere to shoot long range with that .41.
    Yes, that second horizontal line has me contemplating. If this was a 1911 I was working on, I would be done by now. Still waiting to hear back from a couple of smith's. Can't wait to spring that second gold line on them, their gonna love me.

User Tag List