Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ken Hackathorn Forgotten Weapons interview on the M1 carbine

Ken is indeed awesome. Years ago I had a friend who WAS into 1911s. One day we went down to Fort Harmar in Marietta, Ohio, and Ken let him shoot some of his custom 1911s. He even had Rob Haught grab his Wilson Combat 1911 out of his Jeep for my buddy to shoot. My buddy subsequently decided that the Glock 17 was the Holy Grail of combat handguns and cast aside the 1911 as God's Chosen Gun. He is surely going to Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    One day we went down to Fort Harmar in Marietta, Ohio, and Ken let him shoot some of his custom 1911s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    One thing I very much appreciate about Mr. Hackathorn has nothing to do with weapons.
    Beyond the legendary "Gun Guy" persona is a man who treats people extremely well, no matter their status.
    The point is that Ken, (while he does not suffer fools) no matter a person's status, treats people with kindness that is not commonly seen these days.
    He really is a nice dude. I first became acquainted with him when he would shoot IPSC locally, he is closer friends with some of my friends. I made only one trip to Fort Harmar but we would both frequently be at Butler County Sportsmen's, pretty sure he was there the day the picture in my avatar was taken, back when black and white film was a thing (at least as a cheaper alternative). But I would go decades without seeing him again, and introduce myself with no expectation of him knowing who the hell I am, but he would and we could visit like we met last week.

But yeah, he does seem to get aggravated with things like the people with a G42 out in the console of their car that want to challenge him about shooting 1911s...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 05-27-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    , pretty sure he was there the day the picture in my avatar was taken...
    He was ten feet away when my avatar was taken.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    He was ten feet away when my avatar was taken.
    After the advent of color photography...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    After the advent of color photography...
    But before the sunset of the AWB.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Forgotten Weapons just posted this on FB containing teasers for upcoming videos. Take a look at the upper right corner.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

ooops, mistaken identity...

How about... WTF is that thing in the middle? Talk about nasty-looking ergos...
    Last edited by Drang; 07-13-2018 at 05:24 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    ooops, mistaken identity...

How about... WTF is that thing in the middle? Talk about nasty-looking ergos...
    That'll be in an upcoming video. I have no idea what it is. That's why the show is called Forgotten Weapons. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Hackathorn and Tommy Guns.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

That's undoubtedly the most objective analysis I've ever seen on the M1 carbine. He's spot on about the magazines. They've got to be the flimsiest GI issue mags I've ever seen.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List