Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ken Hackathorn Forgotten Weapons interview on the M1 carbine

Ken Hackathorn Forgotten Weapons interview on the M1 carbine

For all the other Ken Hackathorn and/or Forgotten Weapons fans, here's an interview he recently did where he tells Ian a little about the use of M1 carbine. Very interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Thanks. That was interesting.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Thanks! What I've always admired about Ken is his depth of knowledge. For those that have never met him, I swear you could pull just about any obscure gun out of a case and he could go on and on about it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Thanks! What I've always admired about Ken is his depth of knowledge. For those that have never met him, I swear you could pull just about any obscure gun out of a case and he could go on and on about it.
    I think Gun Jesus might be his long lost son.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I think Gun Jesus might be his long lost son.
    Actually, Ian's father is also a Firearms historian and did some work for the TV show Tales of the Gun. I think his name is Duncan McCullom.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Very enlightening, especially about the discuss on the magazines. I have Dad's M1 and it's light as a feather, but the mags really are cheap.

I’ve owned and shot several. I never had reliability problems with GI or Korean 15 round mags. Conversely, I always had bad luck with the 30 round mags.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

I know I can't get one, I know about Inland problems, but I want one of these so baaaaaaad...

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Mr Hackathorn's layers run deep

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    One thing I very much appreciate about Mr. Hackathorn has nothing to do with weapons. Everyone who has ever hung around Ken, quickly realizes he is truly a Jedi Master for both his skill at arms as well as his knowledge, but that is not what I appreciate the most about him.

Beyond the legendary "Gun Guy" persona is a man who treats people extremely well, no matter their status.

Years ago I was talking to an older person (I don't even remember who I was talking to now, but I remember the advice as meaningful) who told me to observe how people treated others whom they believed could do nothing for them. Later I found out that they were making reference to a famous quote that said something to the effect "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

The point is that Ken, (while he does not suffer fools) no matter a person's status, treats people with kindness that is not commonly seen these days.

His years and life experiences have also taught him some things that quite frankly when he speaks of how to avoid mistakes in raising kids, marriage, etc. I listen. I have spent considerable time contemplating advice that Mr. Hackathorn has given me on a couple of subjects, while driving back to my humble little place in the sagebrush.

Honestly, Ken could speak on the topic of "life stuff" for hours, and I would be happy to listen.

The layers run far deeper than the topic of guns.

Cheers Friends!

I ran into Ken last year at the NRA Show. I had never met him before, but he talked to me for about 15 minutes like we had been friends forever. I thought he was a very nice guy.

User Tag List