Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubber gloves for patrol?

Rubber gloves for patrol?

My department just switched and the new ones they bought suck. Anyone have a specific brand of rubber/nitrile gloves they use and like?

http://venomsteel.com/products/industrial-latex-gloves/

I love these, but they are latex - not sure if that is OK for you. I don't like their nitrile gloves because they are too stiff and inflexible (but they are thick). I use these gloves on calls and for meals, they are flexible and form fitting. I go through probably a 12-20 a shift.

Midknight are pretty good.

I can only attest to liking these from my civilian point of view, but I wear them daily as a microbiologist in the lab. I also order these at home for use when working on cars, cleaning, etc. They are light enough to allow full dexterity, fit me well personally (not too tight, but not too loose either), but also decently resistant to punctures/tearing (as much as you'd expect from a thin rubber glove).

https://www.amazon.com/Halyard-KC100...es+%2852819%29
    Last edited by martin_j001; 05-16-2018 at 04:44 AM.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Defender nitrile. The light colored gloves make it a LOT easier to see blood, very important in assessment. I don't use black any more.

I likke the 12" length extended cuff.

If you must have something darker, The Defender T is low reflectivity olive drab.

ETA: you probably already know this, but some like these types of gloves one size larger than normal. Easier to don and less fatuiging when worn over long periods of time.
    Last edited by schüler; 05-16-2018 at 06:12 AM.

Site Supporter
    Not exactly my lane.... but... Latex can kill a person that has a latex allergy. I'm surprised that a service organization (EMS/LE/Fire, etc) would allow latex gloves.
    Had a friend with a latex allergy. She had to literally check the restaurant kitchen before she could eat out. A restaurant worker prepping food with latex gloves could kill her.

Nitrile FTW.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    You want N-DEX gloves that are at least 6mil thick.

https://www.amazon.com/SHOWA-9905PF-...ds=ndex+gloves

This is what I wore during anatomy, when I was elbow deep in a cadaver fixed in a formalin/formaldehyde solution that eventually turned our cadaver's fat into a liquid emulsion that would soak through two pairs of regular exam gloves and leave my fingers numb and tingly...

the N-DEX gloves were a big step up. buy them one size up so they are a little easier to throw on over sweaty hands.

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    Defender nitrile. The light colored gloves make it a LOT easier to see blood, very important in assessment. I don't use black any more.

I likke the 12" length extended cuff.

If you must have something darker, The Defender T is low reflectivity olive drab.

ETA: you probably already know this, but some like these types of gloves one size larger than normal. Easier to don and less fatuiging when worn over long periods of time.
    It looks like Defender brand gloves are 6mil NDEX nitrile.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 05-16-2018 at 10:52 AM.

I don't know anything about swimming in cadavers.

Don't wear black gloves. Purple, blue, orange all good colors. That way if you have a stupid moment and decide to scratch your nose, you have a chance of catching an unusual color out of the corner of your eye.

Ether, even incidental contact, will eat through most latex gloves in a matter minutes. Liquid PCP that we find in the little vials is almost always PCP dissolved in ether. Best to avoid getting it on our skin.

https://www.amazon.com/AMMEX-Nitrile.../dp/B00MW1IAUC

I like these, but I can get them for $9 a box locally.
    Last edited by txdpd; 05-16-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

We’re issued Microflex Midknight nitrile gloves. I carry a box in my car and I usually have five pairs in one of my pouches on my vest.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Thanks guys, good info and it's appreciated.

User Tag List