Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victim narrative of an armed robbery in/around a vehicle - Harris Co TX

Victim narrative of an armed robbery in/around a vehicle - Harris Co TX

Not often outside of LE do you come across an openly shared 1st person narrative of a robbery. Stacking failures. Great share for the not-so-woke people in my family.

Original post, lightly formatted for p-f.

"Hello fb friends. Y’all be careful out there. Yesterday I was in Houston off of Little York and my worst fear happened. I was sitting in my work truck eating my lunch and some lady approached me and knocked on my window to my truck. I opened the window (where I fcked up at) and she asked I wanted to buy a chain off of her. This is where everything hit the fan.

As we were talking my passenger door opened and this man announced that they are robbing me. At that point they both pulled Knives on me ( her putting hers up to my chest ) he took my keys out my ignition and the women proceeded to going through my pockets. She took my phone, personal keys, and my wallet.

Some may know but I carry a gun on me (legally) After she was done taking my stuff (I had my hands up the whole time) the guy then told me to get out the truck as he is climbing in through the passenger door. At that point I felt like there was no more time to waist. I pulled my gun , pointed it at his chest, he grabbed it at the same time, I pulled the trigger and nothing... I totally forgot my pistol has an external safety and at the heat of the moment my gun didn’t fire. Luckily at that point we struggled for the gun for a little bit and he lost grip of it and THEY BOTH TOOK OFF RUNNING.

I ran to a nearby house and called 911.

They took my phone , wallet , work keys.

If ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT THE HARRIS COUNTY SHEFFIF’s AND ASK FOR THIS OFFICER.

THANK GOD I DID NOT GET HURT AND MY GUN DID NOT FIRE AND ME HAVING TO TAKE ANOTHER MANS LIFE.
    STAY ALERT. STAY READY.

This is NOT a joke."

He's fortunate to be around to tell the tale.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    He's fortunate to be around to tell the tale.
    Yep...

"By the Grace of God and Dumb luck" is no way to go through life.

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    "Yesterday I was in Houston off of Little York and my worst fear happened. I was sitting in my work truck eating my lunch and some lady approached me and knocked on my window to my truck. I opened the window (where I fcked up at)"
    He thinks opening the window is where he Fked up, but being off "Little York" just about anywhere is the start of where he Fked up. I get that work requires you to go where the job is, but in that part of town, sitting in your truck by yourself... it attracts the wrong kind of attention. Little York is a long road, but none of it is going through a hi class area.

I sit around Little York on surveillance from time to time. I can only assume I am not a mark because I don't have a work truck full of tools to steal. If approached, they can talk through the glass, cause it is not coming down. I have to make a point to always lock my car doors. Too many stories like this floating around.

Thanks for sharing that.

Side Note:
    As I mentioned in roll call stories, I almost got robbed while on the job (in plain clothes). Leaving the Jail, downtown Houston at 3 or 4 am... I stopped to get gas by the Greyhound station just south of downtown. Which was My first mistake. I had a lap top and a ton of shit to carry from the jail to my car. When I grabbed my gun from the weapon locker, It was holstered in a paddle holster. I did NOT, put on the holster, I just carried it and all my shit out the car, because "fenced and secure parking lot full of cops". Which was My second mistake. When I got out to pump my gas, I left my pistol sitting between the front seats of that piece of shit Ford Taurus. Which was the BIG mistake. As I pumped gas, I was approached from one side by a guy trying to bum a cigarette (the distraction) or to get money so he could by smokes himself, his buddies (plural) were approaching from the opposite side. With no gun, I bluffed. I pulled my badge out and hung it from a chain around my neck. He turned and took off at a high rate of speed without a word, so did his friends. I grabbed my pistol an left in a hurry. It can happen to anyone. But now, I take much more care in where I park, where I pump gas, where I sit on surveillance, etc....
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    ...As we were talking my passenger door opened and this man announced that they are robbing me....
    Lock those doors!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Lock those doors!
    When I saw the recent Tom Givens/Ellifritz post in this forum section I first had to make sure I wasn't posting thr same story!

I'm wondering if his truck is an F-250. If so, it probably would have been rammed into someone's business later that night for a burglary. In Houston if you want to track down a robbery crew then you follow the vehicles taken in aggravated robberies because that is most likely what it's going to be used for. Why sit on the corner on slinging dope all day when you can simply back a truck into a building and steal an ATM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    . I totally forgot my pistol has an external safety and at the heat of the moment my gun didn’t fire.
    Unfortunately too common. There's a reason I recommend a revolver for the casual gun owner.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Victim narrative of an armed robbery in/around a vehicle - Harris Co TX

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    He thinks opening the window is where he Fked up, but being off "Little York" just about anywhere is the start of where he Fked up. I get that work requires you to go where the job is, but in that part of town, sitting in your truck by yourself... it attracts the wrong kind of attention. Little York is a long road, but none of it is going through a hi class area.
    Some serious truth there. I’ve traveled round Little York enough to know I’m not stopping there even if I have to drive on my rims to get out. I had to do business in that area once, and I can tell you I didn’t stick around for lunch. I drove the eff out of that place and took a long unpaid lunch.

Glad he made it out ok and is willing to look back and maybe change his ways. I wouldn’t leave my doors unlocked while parked in the best parts of town. Keep those doors locked and the car ready to go. A 2000# impact weapon is a terrible thing to waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TAZ; 05-15-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Good read. I've heard the carjacking phenomenon in Houston is getting worse from already "bad".

so I want to know...how is this guy working and carrying? What employer allows this? I've only heard of a few outside of the armored car business.
    Last edited by fixer; 05-16-2018 at 07:49 AM.

User Tag List