Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police officer who shot Sammy Yatim to face additional charge of attempted murder

Police officer who shot Sammy Yatim to face additional charge of attempted murder

While it might seem bizarre that someone could be charged with attempted murder in a case where the victim ended up dead, Mr. Yatim was shot a total of nine times, with the shots coming in two relatively distinct bursts, albeit within the terrible and compressed speed of such events. It’s possible prosecutors could argue that by firing the second burst, within split seconds, Const. Forcillo was trying to kill an already likely fatally injured young man.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07...f-sammy-yatim/

Site Supporter
    Hmmm, highlights the misconceptions that fatal injuries are always fight ending injuries...

A prosecutor hedging his bets......nothing new. Happens all the time.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Nice to know that, as a Canadian cop, the government has your back.

Who would want to risk not just his life but also his freedom policing a society like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Who would want to risk not just his life but also his freedom policing a society like that?
    Happens everywhere -- the town of Hearne TX last year where the crazed elderly women was shot, the Mayor fire the officer, even after the woman's nephew said she was a threat and was shooting at people.
    http://www.theroot.com/articles/cult...as_police.html
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

There's the old saying the thing people forget about riding for the brand is that it goes both ways.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Happens everywhere -- the town of Hearne TX last year where the crazed elderly women was shot, the Mayor fire the officer, even after the woman's nephew said she was a threat and was shooting at people.
    http://www.theroot.com/articles/cult...as_police.html
    Unbelievable. Shoot in the air? Seriously?

My faith in humanity is down just that much more.

I gotta hand it to you LE guys, I'd never be able to go into a situation where me getting shot by a senior citizen means I get to keep my job. Hope that officer finds a job that better appreciates him.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Unbelievable. Shoot in the air? Seriously?

My faith in humanity is down just that much more.

I gotta hand it to you LE guys, I'd never be able to go into a situation where me getting shot by a senior citizen means I get to keep my job. Hope that officer finds a job that better appreciates him.
    He should own the town by the end of the lawsuit -- a simple search on Hearne shows it's Mayor and council to be a pretty rife with nepotism and cronyism
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

I have a serious love/hate relationship with police unions. On the one hand, they can prevent crap like the Hearne officer getting fired. On the other, it's harder to get rid of the douche bags and bad apples when the union gets involved.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List