Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The secret to having a German Shepherd in the house

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I wrote about the Neato Botvac we got last year. Still works great.

The only time it has issues is if a piece of furniture is a little too low that it tries to go over it when it can't make it all the way. You can put down strips to block it from trying to hurdle things. It's never had an issue getting stuck in a corner, or underneath something.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Kinda. He suddenly decided to start pissing in his crate and rolling around in it.
    Why I have cats. Just clean up the occasional hairball.
    "Swing your leaders wide old man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblie View Post
    Can't wait till the cats take the dirt nap! Got them 15 years ago because my daughter wanted them. Nothing but trouble. Scratch marks everywhere, window sills, window sashes, banisters, chairs, torn up carpeting... One now refuses to go out and he shits and pisses so much the litter box needs to get cleaned out daily. The other is still outside killing everything smaller than she is. She likes to deposit the tail and hind quarters of squirrels on or doorstep. Hey look at what i got today!

Cats are no bueno. I’m allergic to them.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I have both; the dog pisses, shits, and vomits in my house far less than the cat does
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I have both; the dog pisses, shits, and vomits in my house far less than the cat does
    Yup! Idiot cats like to gorge themselves and them puke it up. We have cleaned up plenty of vomited entrails from the killer.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    We found the cats were far more likely to puke up wet food, especially in the evening. Now we only give them a bit every other morning, otherwise it's kibble...which they strangely prefer.

As to the furminator...I have one and use it only seasonally on my Husky/Carolina mix. She 'looks' fairly short coated like a Carolina, but blows that undercoat in spring. Using it for a week a bit every day eliminated the 'furpocalypse'. For shepherds and Mal's, where shedding is a big 'all the time' issue, I wouldn't do it. A couple of shepherd/mal owners I know use those rubber nubbed bristle "brushes" you can get at Petco, etc., And seem to like them.

The thing about the Furminator is you have to use it sparingly. You’ll run into problems if it’s over used.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I went through and did two passes with it yesterday. Ended up with about a Beagle's mass in fur. Should be good for a week or two now.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I need to look into the Furminator some more. I've seen a bunch of testimonials and demonstrations on YouTube. The Furminator certainly looked effective. Then someone told me to avoid it (may have been the Vet?) because it cuts out too much of the undercoat.
    That's why we love it on the Labs. I never heard that that was a bad thing.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List