Thread: My beretta 92FS Centurion project

My beretta 92FS Centurion project

So I have limited internet capabilities at the moment, so I can't search everything I want or as fast as I'd like. Research takes a while. Hell, loading PF is hard honestly. So I have a Beretta 92FS centurion as some of you know. I was wondering if I should get the slide and barrel worked on, or if I should get a new slide and barrel. Possibly even a threaded barrel to play with a suppressed beretta.

Nooooow I've been on beretta's site and haven't found a compact slide or threaded barrel for sale. I see the full size stuff all day, which is also another thought. I could get a full size setup to run on there if my idea fails. The other thing I'd like to be able to do is get a slide that has night sights already. Getting the slide cut is all well and good, but I know that's a process and they cut it at Wilson for their sights. I'd like Trij HD's.

So, do I call beretta for the parts? Should I even bother? The gun is rough and was a candidate for going to Wilson for some frame work (checkering front and back, mag well bevel, and a full gun refinish.) but I might just try to keep it cheap since it's a range beater. We'll see what happens overall. But having the threaded barrel and new slide might be solid as well. Anyone have to order a new slide or know where to point me?

Site Supporter
    If it were mine, I'd refresh all the springs and the locking block, convert it to decock-only and call it good. I'd try to talk you out of it if I didn't like my PX4s so much.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    If it were mine, I'd refresh all the springs and the locking block, convert it to decock-only and call it good. I'd try to talk you out of it if I didn't like my PX4s so much.
    I recently acquired a 92FS centurion and this is my plan plus a Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag. All new springs, G conversion, paint the front sight, TJIB, and some VZ grips.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I recently acquired a 92FS centurion and this is my plan plus a Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag. All new springs, G conversion, paint the front sight, TJIB, and some VZ grips.
    Ditto on the Langdon TJIB, I just put one in my Cent-Tac on Monday, I used the 14lb hammer spring, What a difference!!! Well worth every penny, Hopefully, I'll get some rounds through it Saturday, been doing alot of dry firing and the difference over the stock trigger, is huge..

Site Supporter
    To OP: What is your desired end state?
    If you want a threaded barrel, you’ll probably want to start with something longer than a Cent/Compact length barrel, as they don’t protrude much from the slide. Reach out to Josh at Allegheny Gun Works - he may have some suggestions to cut a standard-length barrel down to just the length you need.
    As to the slide - if you want Trijicon sights on it, I’d look at the ToolTech offering for the front sight cut, or at Wilson, if they offer a similar thing. I’ve been watching for a Compact 92 slide with night sights for over a year, and good ones are pretty rare these days. So probably do best to mod and refinish (if required) the one you have.

Good luck, and enjoy building your perfect gun in your head while deployed. I found that similar “tasks” gave a welcome relief from the less pleasant aspects of deployed life.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I should have listed the mods I've done already. My bad.

I've already installed myself:
    -Wilson Combat metal trigger
    -Wilson Combat TRS
    -Wilson Combat fluted guide rod
    -Wilson Combat recoil spring
    -Wilson Combat shok buff
    -Wilson Combat 16LB hammer spring (I thought I ordered the 14 but guess not)
    -Beretta Elite hammer

I have plans to order the Wilson VZ grips and the checkered mag release.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    To OP: What is your desired end state?
    If you want a threaded barrel, you’ll probably want to start with something longer than a Cent/Compact length barrel, as they don’t protrude much from the slide. Reach out to Josh at Allegheny Gun Works - he may have some suggestions to cut a standard-length barrel down to just the length you need.
    As to the slide - if you want Trijicon sights on it, I’d look at the ToolTech offering for the front sight cut, or at Wilson, if they offer a similar thing. I’ve been watching for a Compact 92 slide with night sights for over a year, and good ones are pretty rare these days. So probably do best to mod and refinish (if required) the one you have.

Good luck, and enjoy building your perfect gun in your head while deployed. I found that similar “tasks” gave a welcome relief from the less pleasant aspects of deployed life.
    Thanks for that advice, I'll check that out. I need to keep these projects in mind for the very reason you've stated. I'm working on quals, lining up gun projects, and my car projects. This centurion has been sitting for a little bit now. I've done some stuff to it, but it needs to get finished. I'll have to see how expensive all the work is, I might just take advantage of the full sized frame and pick up a slide/barrel combo. Then have both slides updated with HD's and refinished in a nice black coating of some sort.

It's not going to be carried, but just in case I get the urge and feel like changing it up I want it ready. It runs great now. I actually was impressed with how well it performed with how beat it was. The ejection was perfect, and it made nice little groups. The sights are rough on this gun too. The rear sights have seen some contact of some sort. I think a refinish, some frame work (checkering, mag well bevel and maaaaaaybe an action tune with a refinish), and some sights, it'll be a very fun gun to run.

Double tap
    Last edited by navyman8903; 05-18-2018 at 03:28 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The Centurion/Compact frame and slide are not interchangeable with the full size frame and slide. It's well documented elsewhere on this site.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The Centurion/Compact frame and slide are not interchangeable with the full size frame and slide. It's well documented elsewhere on this site.
    Good to know. Thanks.

User Tag List