Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended Magazine for G19.3

I am currently playing around with the magpul 21 round magazine. With the exception of steel cased ammo I have not had any problems.
    Last edited by Lon; 05-14-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I'd limit myself to factory OEM G19 magazines or factory 17 round G17 magazines, especially for duty/carry guns.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I am a sample of one. I have not had good luck with the OEM +2 mags. Many of my contemporaries have not had good luck with the extension systems mentioned above.

For serious use, I, like Jon and others above, run a G17 17rd OEM mag for my "extended" G19 mag and call it good. As your hand is 2xl, would not the G17 sized pistol be a better way to go the whole way around?

YMMV greatly.

david
    vcdgrips.com

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    How many rounds are you looking to carry? G17 magazine out of the question?

(Personally I carry a standard G19 mag in mine with a spare on the belt. I think I'd have a hard time concealing a longer magazine without printing.)
    Everyone's different, obviously.......but with a good belt, I've found no big difference in concealment between a single 15 round round, 17 round mag, or PMAG 21. With two mags, or with a belt that allows the mag to roll outboard even the slightest bit, then that's where I see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'd limit myself to factory OEM G19 magazines or factory 17 round G17 magazines, especially for duty/carry guns.

Best, Jon
    My agency has had a number of Glock PMAGs being used as loaner mags in training classes with no apparent issues, and they've specifically written them up as an authorized mag. The only mag I saw deadlined in a class since we switched to Glocks was a Glock OEM mag. Additionally, I used all 10 of my PMAG 17s in a 2700+ round/3 day class (split up between 3 shooters to make sure they all had a lot of rounds put through them), with no problems. It was a dry, warm environment on a dirt/grass range but not overly dusty.

All the problems I've heard about seem to be steel cases.....brass cases seem to be a-ok.

Personally, on-duty I carry a 15 round OEM in the gun for concealment with two PMAG 17s on the belt for reloads.
    Last edited by TGS; 05-14-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Extended Magazine for G19.3

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I am currently playing around with the magpul 21 round magazine. With the exception of steel cased ammo I have not had any problems.
    Very similar to my experience with the 21 rounder from Magpul.
    Last edited by richiecotite; 05-14-2018 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Deleted signature
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

I would recommend a G17 mag, with or without a factory +2. Got a few on some of my G17 mags, nary a problem.

In the pistol, it is a stock 15rd magazine. I tried a factory +2 extension on one but it had an audible failure in the middle of a classroom.

My spare is a Magpul 21rd magazine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcj128 View Post
    Mine gives me 17 rounds (15+2)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yo Tambien.

Not sure when they will be available there, but my 24 round OEM mags have been running as expected
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Not sure when they will be available there, but my 24 round OEM mags have been running as expected
    So you have a 24 round Glock factory mag?

User Tag List