Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New line of pistols from Colt

Site Supporter

New line of 1911 pistols from Colt

Nothing to get too excited about, but Colt announced a new line of pistols with the Combat Elite name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7TgPtSD_64

Some folks will be upset they are reusing a name from a past fan favorite, and not everyone likes black controls on a stainless gun. I think they look fine and have a nice feature set. Having a "family" of guns with the three sizes represented is new for Colt. This is not exactly super innovative, but I hope the new line does well for the company if they are built right.
    Last edited by Robinson; 05-13-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Boo! Long live (traditional) two tone 1911s!
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 05-13-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    I really do wish Colt well as I do S&W and Ruger. Let's hope and pray that they can push bean counters aside and maintain some degree of quality. When my two new 1911s, 45 and 9, required that my gunsmith fix their poor work, I was not surprised. I expected such. These types of problems make me sad, not angry. I could give other examples from other companies. Now for the rant. I'm convinced that some at Colt don't care. I feel certain that many others don't know better.

I really liked the last blue/stainless Combat Elite with wood grips. This doesn’t look bad to me at all, but there was something classic about the last version.

I have a hard time figuring out what really separates the $800 Colts from the $1500 Colts.

If the $1400 reported MSRP for these new Combat Elites is correct, then I think Colt needs to figure out what Dan Wesson is doing right and make some course corrections.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I have a hard time figuring out what really separates the $800 Colts from the $1500 Colts.

If the $1400 reported MSRP for these new Combat Elites is correct, then I think Colt needs to figure out what Dan Wesson is doing right and make some course corrections.
    +1911

IMO the new Colts at the $1500 price point aren't even in the same league as Dan Wessons. Dan Wesson is the only production manufacturer using all tool steel parts. Besides that the new Colt's fitment is inconsistent at best. Colt does some things right but for me I wouldn't consider one for anything but a base gun considering what can be had from other manufacturers.

Vending Machine Operator
    That's exactly why I went with the basic $800 Colt when I got my one and only 1911.

For what it's worth, that has been a really great gun so far.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Even at a $1,200 estimated street price ,the Springfield TRP & S&W E series are better values for the money.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I bet they sell well in Phili! Look like some edges that could really dice out some thin sliced beef! One more small step to do a nice carry bevel and they might be worth > 1K
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Even at a $1,200 estimated street price ,the Springfield TRP & S&W E series are better values for the money.
    Perhaps. But on the other hand we haven't seen the build quality of the new Combat Elites yet. The feature set is very similar. Trust me when I say Springfield Armory has its share of QA issues. Plus there's no such thing as a 9mm TRP.

User Tag List