Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apex VS 2.0 Stock

Apex VS 2.0 Stock

I am having some trouble deciding whether or not to replace the stock trigger, in my M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm, with an Apex Flatty.

Here are my concerns:

(1) I kinda like up take, wasn't really looking for less. I carry holsterless (I know I know) and the uptake is an added safety. I know the Apex has less, but I see a lot of travel on the trigger dingus so part of me thinks I will still feel safe with it.

(2) There is really only one main issue with the stock trigger. It is difficult to explain, but I'll try - there is a little spot, immediately before the "wall" that the trigger "falls" into as you pull it. Imagine going over a little hump and falling into a valley right at the edge of the wall. Almost like you click the trigger into position but not as pronounced as a click. I don't know if this will be remedied with the Apex. Is the part causing this a part that will be replaced by the kit? Or is it part of the striker and going to be present with a complete new kit?

(3) I know USPSA has declared the trigger g2g in stock class but what about IDPA? Would that trigger kick you up into Enhanced Service Pistol? Or could it be ran in Stock Service Pistol?

Any one who has replaced the 2.0's trigger with one, lemme know how much difference it made. I don't just mean in weight but overall.

Thanks guys.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

What's "holsterless"?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    What's "holsterless"?
    Ditto, that's more pressing than the type of aftermarket trigger we're after.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Holsterless -

I have not used a holster (off duty) for decades. I have heard all the hypotheticals of what could possibly happen AND have tested those theories and found them (at least for me) to be unrealistic.

Years ago, I took my on/off duty gun (a G23 with a 3.5# connector), cleared it, and tried several different ways to dry fire it while in my waistband. I even pulled my shirt tail through the trigger guard (one of the "what ifs" I've heard so much about) and shoved it back in my waistband. The only way I was ever able to get a "click" was to place my thumb around the backstrap, push my trigger finger through my pants, fish around for the trigger, then press it while holding pressure on the grip. Even that was VERY difficult and well into what I would call "intentional". Since those tests, I have carried this way through all sorts of events including motorcycle crashes. I'm sure some will say it is unsafe but, after 15-20 years of doing it daily without incident, I have to disagree.

ETA - I have been eyeing a few, considering them, mainly just to keep the sweat off my gun but doubt I will ever find one I am comfortable with.
    Last edited by JATA; 05-24-2018 at 08:46 PM.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Maybe you could hang out at the Defensive Carry forums until you fix yourself, because this is the one place on the gun internet where I shouldn't have to see derp like this.

Site Supporter
    So...in a circuitous fashion, you are asking if an APEX kit will make your gun less drop safe?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

http://rcsgear.com/vanguard-2-holster-basic-kit/

Here ya go. Absolute minimalist holster that keeps you from putting a hole in your body that doesn't belong.

Site Supporter
    How many rounds do you have through the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    How many rounds do you have through the gun?

Everyone else - there were other questions there. Wanna take a stab at those? The "hump/valley" being the important one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post

Everyone else - there were other questions there. Wanna take a stab at those? The "hump/valley" being the important one.
    Check to see if the little hump you're feeling is the trigger safety catching the frame. I press pretty high on the trigger and have had that problem with all of mine. A thin file and/or sand paper will radius the corner of the safety just enough to stop it.

Both of my 2.0 triggers, particularly the compact, feel quite a bit different after a few thousand rounds than they did at 680. I'd spend the Apex money on more ammo.

User Tag List