Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulled this one out of the safe.

I used Hogues like that briefly, when I carried a 27 as a duty weapon. They were too narrow and skinny for my hands and proved pretty painful to use. Too bad as I liked the way they looked. I wound up going with a set of Eagle Target grips instead.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 05-14-2018 at 10:30 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

This is another one of those threads that remind me how stupid I was in my youth. I had a 3.5” 27 in the late 90s. Around the time many people were announcing the demise of the revolver and revolvers could be found for cheap. I bought that 27 from a friend and paid him what he gave for it at a pawn shop..............$200.00

I traded the 27 and a no lock 342 for a .40 Browning Hi Power

Oh! The 27 had the wooden box with all of the tools. The stupidity of youth!

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    This is another one of those threads that remind me how stupid I was in my youth. I had a 3.5” 27 in the late 90s. Around the time many people were announcing the demise of the revolver and revolvers could be found for cheap. I bought that 27 from a friend and paid him what he gave for it at a pawn shop..............$200.00

I traded the 27 and a no lock 342 for a .40 Browning Hi Power

Oh! The 27 had the wooden box with all of the tools. The stupidity of youth!
    I traded my first 27 for a Rossi lever action, so I've got you beat in the race for stupid.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I used Hogues like that briefly, when I carried a 27 as a duty weapon. They were too narrow and skinny for my hands and proved pretty painful to use. Too bad as I liked the way they looked. I wound up going with a set of Eagle Target grips instead.
    I used the rubber version on my competition revolvers so these feel similar. Latch on tight enough and they work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I traded my first 27 for a Rossi lever action, so I've got you beat in the race for stupid.
    Oops!

I really like those grips. I am some what new in the world of pistols, could you tell me what kind of grips those are?

Got my wood Hogues. Wasn't the color wood I was anticipating upon unboxing, then I got a closer look and am pretty pleased! Will put up a pic when I have a moment.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin62 View Post
    I really like those grips. I am some what new in the world of pistols, could you tell me what kind of grips those are?

Hogue Monogrips. Goncalo Alves wood if I recall correctly.

User Tag List