Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DHS transitioning to 6.5 Creedmoor

Is DHS preempting individual agency purchase of 7.62 precision rifles/ammunition with this, or is it simply an ammo contract that agencies can buy from?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Is DHS preempting individual agency purchase of 7.62 precision rifles/ammunition with this, or is it simply an ammo contract that agencies can buy from?
    I think the latter. It will likely be a rolling transition as guns go back for service and get re-barreled or new uppers in 6.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski85 View Post
    Nope. Fed LE is prohibited from selling old guns. They're required by law to be destroyed.

If your talking surua ammo supply, they'll shoot it up before getting rid of the rifles.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    They don't need to sell the rifles - just rebarrel them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHS transitioning to 6.5 Creedmoor

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I like less drift and less drop with less recoil. I want the shooting world to move onto 6.5. Change doesn’t bother me.
    If we could get extended barrel life with it, too, it would be a true trifecta.

Let me dream this shit, bro. Don't tell me it eats barrels faster than .308Win.

I
    Ain't
    Listenin'

[emoji41]

Last edited by Mjolnir; 05-11-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    They don't need to sell the rifles - just rebarrel them.

Wasn't trying to imply they would need to see them, just answering his question hearing the possibility of Fed LE surplus.

Can't exist with the current law.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, since nobody has said it yet...

THIS IS AN OBVIOUSLY A MOVE TO PREPARE TO SEND GUN OWNERS TO FEMA CAMPS!!!!!

All joking aside, I love this forum and the level of discussion.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    It’s all cool and all - but I’m just wondering how many shots DHS is planning to take at the ranges that the Creedmoor significantly out performs the .308?
    Last edited by Suvorov; 05-12-2018 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Spelling of creedmoor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    It’s all cool and all - but I’m just wondering how many shots DHS is planning to take at the ranges that the Creedmore significantly out performs the .308?
    You need to be a little more specific. There is no “DHS” like people think from watching 24.

The most likely practical applications at longer ranges would be USSS Protection operations, USBP BORTAC operations and some specialized USCG applications.

Big empty desert and big oceans make for long range shots. Not a common thing, but it happens.

Easier math and wind calls at distance are not the only advantages of 6.5. It’s also a bit easier on the shooter in volume such as ain a training enviornment.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-12-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Asked and answered.
    Last edited by Hambo; 05-12-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List