Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol RDS mortality rate in high round count classes/competition

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Wait what? I thought Trijicon and Aimpoint were lifetime repair.
    It is technically 5 years on electronics from Trijicon. I have not seen anyone get charged for a warranty repair on an RMR that is over 5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Unity Tactical, hands down, has the best non-frame mounting solution
    I thought there have been reports that the screws holding the RMR to the unity plate tend to break, as they only go down to the depth of the plate

I'm fundraising now to build a g19/rmr, as it seems the MRDS is the way to aim with my compromised vision
    Last edited by theJanitor; 05-10-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I thought there have been reports that the screws holding the RMR to the unity plate tend to break, as they only go down to the depth of the plate

I'm fundraising now to build a g19/rmr, as it seems the MRDS is the way to aim with my compromised vision
    Sample size of 1, but I did see that happen at a class. Student ended up using my pistol for the rest of class.

My first RMR started flickering in under 100 rounds. Trijicon fixed it.

Second one has been perfect from day one on a G34 w Suarez slide. 4-5k rounds of AE 147.

Delta point pro on G34 MOS died in 2k rounds, Leupold replaced it. Second one has performed well but not that many rounds on it.

Type 1 RMR. 2-3k and had wandering zero issues. Sent back to Trij. Sold shortly thereafter.

Leupold DPP. 1550 rounds in 1 year. Battery died after 12 months. Being used on duty and has been very reliable.

Type 2 RMR. Sitting in the safe waiting for its host.

My wife has a rmr 05 on her g19 in a dueck defense mount. I have an 06 on my AR carbine and the 07 on my shockwave.

The 06/07 have not had issues and I doubt they will.

The 05 can wash out in certain lighting situations but it's not often. I wish it was brighter in the dark to be easier to pick up prior to wml activation. It's obviously never going to flicker or need batteries replaced.

Third range session with my Vortex Venom direct milled into a P09 slide. All going well today until I couldn’t hit a steel at 35 yards to save my life. Inspection showed both screws were loose and the Venom was flopping around on the slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Third range session with my Vortex Venom direct milled into a P09 slide. All going well today until I couldn’t hit a steel at 35 yards to save my life. Inspection showed both screws were loose and the Venom was flopping around on the slide.
    Did you count on your machinist to use blue Loctite?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was at a TPC course last week and the guy next to me had his Venom's battery cover fly off in the middle of the course. Seemed pretty nuts.

EDIT: Just saw Astro in the avatar!! Hhahahahahaha I think that was you!
    Last edited by heyscooter; 05-10-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Did you count on your machinist to use blue Loctite?
    I installed it, replaced it using the same two screws, and obviously needed more blue loctite!

Quote Originally Posted by heyscooter View Post
    I was at a TPC course last week and the guy next to me had his Venom's battery cover fly off in the middle of the course. Seemed pretty nuts.
    That is nuts. I had a guy next to me last weekend with a CZ with ten round magazines, which was also nuts.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List