Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bib front overalls

Bib front overalls

Does anyone carry while wearing bib front overalls?
    The pocket on the bib is an obvious spot for a small gun. What about the rest of the gear or a full size gun? A co-worker worked briefly with someone 30ish years ago who used a GI type tanker holster to pack a 1911. The only tell was part of the shoulder strap. I am getting a Unity Clutch to try with some overalls first. The tanker holster just doesn’t seem like it would comfortable for me.
    I haven’t worn overalls in many, many years. I never tried carrying a gun with them. Does anyone have suggestions or experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    Does anyone carry while wearing bib front overalls?
    The pocket on the bib is an obvious spot for a small gun. What about the rest of the gear or a full size gun? A co-worker worked briefly with someone 30ish years ago who used a GI type tanker holster to pack a 1911. The only tell was part of the shoulder strap. I am getting a Unity Clutch to try with some overalls first. The tanker holster just doesn’t seem like it would comfortable for me.
    I haven’t worn overalls in many, many years. I never tried carrying a gun with them. Does anyone have suggestions or experience with this?
    Working around the house in bibs, I would drop a J frame or SP101 into a pocket. Other than that I don't have any better ideas

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I don't, but my dad did most of his life. Depending on build, Thunderwear or similar would probably work.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I don't currently have any, but I used to frequently do so with a bellyband. While slower than a traditional cover garment, the concealment part was particularly easy.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Pocket is the only way I've found to do it

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    First Spear Das Ding?

https://www.first-spear.com/das-ding-tm

Looks a little thinner that the examples of the Unity Clutch belts that I have seen.

I always thought about a chest rig similar to the hunting style ones. Strap on the rig then run my bibs over top. I am out a lot in the winter with my carhart bibs. I usually run a couple layers under the bibs so I do not have a jacket over top. But that would be fairly easy to get to and could carry a fullsize under it.

https://gunfightersinc.com/shop/cust...chest-holster/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been doing the Desantis version of the "Smartcarry" with my P-40, and it has been working pretty well, probably best to leave the side buttons undone on the strong side. Not done any drills or anything, but have gone most all day on a couple of Saturdays while working at a friend's house, so it includes some activity.

Or I put my CM-9 in the hip pocket, but that is more around the yard. Probably visible to somebody standing in line behind you at the store.

I am not that large, and the Carhart that fits me does not have pockets deep enough for a J-Frame.

I’ve had luck with Smart Carry as well.

Site Supporter
    Speaking of carry in bib overalls

http://www.messengernews.net/news/lo...y-dog-shot-me/

‘My dog shot me’
    Pet triggers handgun in man’s holster

Richard Remme, 51, of Fort Dodge, was taken to the hospital Wednesday with what was, fortunately, not with a serious injury.

So what happened?

“My dog shot me,” Remme said.

Police and the UnityPoint Health — Trinity Regional Medical Center ambulance were called to Remme’s home at about 10:50 a.m., according to the Fort Dodge Police Department.

“I carry. It’s a Ruger 9 mm, and it’s got a safety on it,” Remme said. “I was lying on the couch, and we were horsing around, me and the dog. And I was tossing him off my lap, and he was jumping back on my lap.

“And I carry in a belly band, under my bib overalls. And apparently he bumped the safety one time, and when he bounded back over one of his toes went right down into the trigger guard.

“It has a trigger safety as well as a thumb safety, and he managed to hit both of them, and it discharged and went into my leg, did no major damage to anything.”

Fort Dodge Police Chief Roger Porter told the same story. He said investigating officers found Remme was home alone, with his dog, Balew, and were told about the accidental discharge.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-11-2018 at 09:34 AM.

User Tag List