Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bib front overalls

The first question I have to ask is...

Is the bib necessary for work?

If no, change your apparel. If yes, pocket carry and deep concealment work best.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    The first question I have to ask is...

Is the bib necessary for work?

If no, change your apparel. If yes, pocket carry and deep concealment work best.
    Yes, it has become necessary at times.
    I would love to pocket carry a VP9, spare mags, light, handcuffs, radio, IFAK and maybe some rifle magazines. I don’t see that happening though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    First Spear Das Ding?

https://www.first-spear.com/das-ding-tm

Looks a little thinner that the examples of the Unity Clutch belts that I have seen.
    I thought about the Das Ding. I found a really good deal on a Unity Clutch and I am going to try one of those.
    From what I have read is that the Das Ding would work better if it were shorter, like the Clutch. I did consider a Das Ding first though. If the Clutch doesn’t work then a Das Ding will probably be next.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by KPD; 05-11-2018 at 06:26 PM. Reason: ETA Das Ding

I winter I sometimes wear Carhartt insulated bib overalls and first tried an X15 I had in the holster drawer but then discovered that by unbuttoning the side buttons on the strong side, the grip of my gun is accessible in its usual carry holster. I would think that in warmer weather the same thing could be done with shorts that have belt loops and a button front shirt but don't know how wearing a cover garment would look if concealed is desired.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    Yes, it has become necessary at times.
    I would love to pocket carry a VP9, spare mags, light, handcuffs, radio, IFAK and maybe some rifle magazines. I don’t see that happening though.
    Carrying handcuffs and a radio tells me you're in some form of law enforcement. I have to ask, especially since we're in the summer months, what is the reason for a bib in Law Enforcement? If you decline to answer, I understand. I'm just trying to understand the level of concealment you actually need.

The Unity Clutch is a good solution for the other items, but it's going to be interesting drawing from a Clutch inside a bib.

In the area where I live a lot of my students wear bib's for work, and this often comes up at a class. So, I worked with one of the wife's of one of the guy's (which she is a student and seamstess), had her sew some strap snap's on inside of bib's to accept a sticky holster. It works great, and makes for easy removal if need be, and perfect draw stroke.

User Tag List