Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIWB holster with positive safety re-enforcement

AIWB holster with positive safety re-enforcement

Hey, I remember when the SME came out it had a feature which forced the safety to engage on a 1911. Any other AIWB holster have that feature? Maybe they all do and I am Just a duff, I don’t really shoot SAO but was thinking about picking one up for fun today.

Amurr, we can, but you have to let us know in the comments you want the safety to be "trapped" on. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Amurr, we can, but you have to let us know in the comments you want the safety to be "trapped" on. Thanks
    Would you do this for HK USP 45 or 9mm ? Thanks.

1slow, no, only 1911's and MP's with safeties. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Is there any reason not to do this?

We do but this is VERY dependent on the Safety and Grip.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post
    Amurr, in my opinion, safety when re-holstering should start and finish with the person re-holstering the pistol. If the holster takes away some of the thinking process when the end user is re-holstering, that could be dangerous as complacency can get you hurt. Again, totally my opinion and worth what you paid for it. Having said that, I totally get trapping the safety on with a 1911, especially an ambi safety that can possibly have the outboard side safety bumped on something and disengage it. And I know many disengage the grip safety on a 1911, would be another reason to trap the safety for sure!! We just ask that the customer email us or let us know in the comments that they want it done, and it is restricted to factory safeties. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    1slow, no, only 1911's and MP's with safeties. Thanks
    FWIW, Tony did this for an IWB3 he made for my FS M&P45 w/safeties at my request, and it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post
    Competitions. I had to hack the sweat guard off all my 1911 holsters because the gun would not holster properly with the safety down.

The “Tony” method of doing this is beautiful. Only singling him out because I haven’t tried anybody else’s with this feature. I’m using it on the OWB2 for a 2.0 Compact now, and expecting another one in mail tomorrow for a Shield EZ.
    YMMV, (but probably not)

Skip

User Tag List