Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AIWB holster with positive safety re-enforcement

I've got to believe this must be very safety dependent, and there are an awful lot of different 1911 thumb safety designs from the old GI style, to Colt teardrops, to the large modern "tactical" styles, and then the low mounts. I don't know how a holster maker could possibly take into account all the different options.

While I've never had a holster designed specifically to ensure the safety is engaged, I'm skeptical this can be accomplished, since my teardrop safety, regardless of the condition it is, merely pushes the sweat shield out of the way.

I'm curious why someone would make a holster for a handgun with a frame mounted thumb safety and have the holster set to de-activate the thumb safety?

I recently saw that on one holster design & was stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    I'm curious why someone would make a holster for a handgun with a frame mounted thumb safety and have the holster set to de-activate the thumb safety?

Was it actually designed to de-activate the thumb safety, or was the sweat shield just molded with the thumb safety in the off position?

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Was it actually designed to de-activate the thumb safety, or was the sweat shield just molded with the thumb safety in the off position?
    As I inserted a pistol with the frame mounted safety in the "on" position into the holster, the design forces the thumb safety into the "off" position.

As I inserted a pistol with the frame mounted safety in the "on" position into the holster, the design forces the thumb safety into the "off" position.
    Sounds like the solution to that would be to carefully remove your firearm, engage the safety, and promptly place the holster in the garbage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

To force Condition 3 carry.

This is not my argument but I suppose one could say once the trigger is covered by the holster the manual safety is no longer needed?? Again just playing devils advocate.

User Tag List