Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not new Model 19’s....

I think my M66 2.5” from back in the day needs a new set of Eagle Secret Service stocks!

civiliandefender.com

This M66 2.5" used to belong to the former Chief of Police for Monterey Park, CA. Stocks are Farrant, sights have some formerly luminous stuff on them from back in the day. The ammo in the picture was what was in the gun when he passed away and the gun was passed down to his son, a co-worker of mine.

Name:  IMG_0813.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  72.5 KB
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I think my M66 2.5” from back in the day needs a new set of Eagle Secret Service stocks!

civiliandefender.com
    Thinking the same about my 19.

Update...the Secret Service grips are a hair off on the finger grooves to my fingers. I had a set of Ahrends I absolutely love. They are just a little longer and fill my hand better. So, for your viewing pleasure:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

So here's a question from someone who is going to dive into owning a .357 revolver for the first time this fall:

How worried do I need to be about a .357 K-Frame Smith "going out of time" on a diet of 300 to 400 medium powered, 158 grain loads a year?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    So here's a question from someone who is going to dive into owning a .357 revolver for the first time this fall:

How worried do I need to be about a .357 K-Frame Smith "going out of time" on a diet of 300 to 400 medium powered, 158 grain loads a year?
    Rest easy. With that level of use it will outlive you.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

The key with k frames is to go easy with the .357 mag stuff. Non nuclear loads, and carry and sight confirmation a couple times a year and they are fine,and really what they were designed for. I find that these are great hi performance .38 Special Guns with modern ammunition. You want to really shoot .357 Magnum in a S&W....N frame.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

That is what a model 19 looks like!

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Ouch......seeing that stings.

Mine had the factory small stocks with a Tyler T grip installed. I ordered the Tyler T through mail order out of one of the popular gun magazines back in the day. 1989, I think. Bought it in Newton, AL brand spanking new. Had the blue S&W box, papers, everything.

Sold it to my uncle's second or third wife for 300.00 cash......to purchase something else that had my eye.

I debate buying another one but the price tags scare me away. And no, my uncle is not still married to her so some harlot somewhere has my daggum wheelgun. Probably rusting away in southern Alabama under the seat of a Trans Am on blocks in front of some double wide.

Ticks me off every time I see a 2.5 inch 19.
    Then don't watch "The Gauntlet" with Clint Eastwood. He packs a 2.5" Model 66 in that one.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Then don't watch "The Gauntlet" with Clint Eastwood. He packs a 2.5" Model 66 in that one.

Okie John
    Eh, stainless is nice and all....and I actually have a 66 in the four inch variety.......

but that blueing.....it captivates me. Mine had great blueing.

User Tag List