Thread: Freedom Arms

Freedom Arms

I ordered this Freedom Arms .454, with extra .45 ACP cylinder, 20 years ago. Rarely used, but due to the extreme quality of these things, one of the last revolvers I'd want to get rid of.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have only handled one, never shot one, but I thought they were pretty nice.

I have driven by their plant. It is on the pretty side of Wyoming
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

454 Casull ... What a handful, but the Freedom Arms is a formidable platform to manage it.
    I was fortunate enough to fire one , due to the generosity of it's owner. I was at my club's pistol range at the same time with my associate... Cowboy Bob.
    He was the beneficiary of his wife's insurance policy, at the time of his retirement with a hefty pension .
    Corvette & several premium firearms, what a guy. Anyway, I shot that mammoth .454 , a little high & left (11:00 o'clock)
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Couple of FAs. Lower left - 5 1/2" .44 Special Model 97 (Midsize/Small Frame). Upper right - 6" .475 Linebaugh Model 83 (Full Size).

44 Special Keith Load:

.475 LB light load:

.475 LB Full House Load:

Model 97 "Belly Gun" - 3 1/2" Round Butt, 45 Colt with 45 ACP aux cyl. Absolute blast (pun intended) with the 45 ACP cylinder.

I particularly like the smaller framed M97s. The older I get, the more I gravitate to smaller platforms and milder cartriges.

Paul

User Tag List