Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oliver North to become NRA President

Oliver North to become NRA President

Oliver North to replace Brownell as NRA President.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...507-story.html

Some are drawing comparison to the excitement generated by Heston's appointment. I think a difference would be that Heston had some decent cred in the civil rights world due to his record with the civil rights movement in the 60s. He also had a gravitas that I don't think Ollie can equal. I am not sure this move, which feels like a move towards an even more partisan NRA, is going to be a good long term move.

Ollie and Julie 2020

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I am ambivalent.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    Mattis and Julie 2020
    FIFY
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Nothing like a polarizing figure to help win hearts and minds...on the other hand, he'll (most likely) push hard against resistance, some of which he may be responsible for generating himself.

Reserve your spot on the barricades...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    We can’t win by preaching to the choir. We need to convince the middle that’s it’s a civil rights issue. I can’t think of anyone to do that

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    We can’t win by preaching to the choir. We need to convince the middle that’s it’s a civil rights issue. I can’t think of anyone to do that
    Colion Noir
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Chemsoldier View Post
    Oliver North to replace Brownell as NRA President.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...507-story.html

Some are drawing comparison to the excitement generated by Heston's appointment. I think a difference would be that Heston had some decent cred in the civil rights world due to his record with the civil rights movement in the 60s. He also had a gravitas that I don't think Ollie can equal. I am not sure this move, which feels like a move towards an even more partisan NRA, is going to be a good long term move.
    You mean that selecting convicted felon* and partisan fall-guy Oliver North might mean that when the pendulum swings the other way, the NRA (and 2A issues as a whole) might be at risk...

*vacated and dismissed

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    You mean that selecting convicted felon* and partisan fall-guy Oliver North might mean that when the pendulum swings the other way, the NRA (and 2A issues as a whole) might be at risk...

*vacated and dismissed
    The latter point will be overlooked.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The latter point will be overlooked.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    Well, I strongly believe in the constitutional rights of all 'muricans, and I am glad that the ACLU did the right thing by engaging on his behalf against a potential 5th ammendment violation. That said, when your criminal conviction is vacated because the things you were compelled to testify to congress after receiving immunity may have influenced your trial; the criminal penalties may be removed, but the stain on your soul does not wash out.

User Tag List