Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Handling Arthritis

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Strengthener-...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

I use these exercise tools for the arthritis in my hands. I have them sitting by my computer and pick them up several times through the day and use them. It's helped me a lot. Motion is lotion.

I also take Glucosamine and fish oil.

Somebody on here recommended Blue Emu cream and I started using it.
    Thank you for this. Ordered today. Started taking fish oil again. Start occupational therapy soon, and after thst gonna start rebuilding my strength and dry fire routine.

Site Supporter

I'm qualified on arthritis

Hey guys. I'm qualified to speak on the issue of arthritis in the fingers. I'm a 65 year old male who's played guitar for 50 years and have been pistol shooting for two. I've been using a product called Blue Emu cream on my fingers and wrists for near 10 years. The cream works quite well. It won't completely stop pain and stiffness, but it will reduce both symptoms to a comfortable level. Check out the reviews for it online, maybe at Amazon. I buy the stuff in 12 ounce jars for 25-30 dollars. It's not exactly cheap, but it's worth its price.

The cream only needs to be applied once a day. I tried applying it 2-4 times a day, and it doesn't change its effect.

Try it and please report back so other old bucks may benefit. No, I'm not a stockholder!

Quote Originally Posted by Danko View Post
    Hey guys. I'm qualified to speak on the issue of arthritis in the fingers. I'm a 65 year old male who's played guitar for 50 years and have been pistol shooting for two. I've been using a product called Blue Emu cream on my fingers and wrists for near 10 years. The cream works quite well. It won't completely stop pain and stiffness, but it will reduce both symptoms to a comfortable level. Check out the reviews for it online, maybe at Amazon. I buy the stuff in 12 ounce jars for 25-30 dollars. It's not exactly cheap, but it's worth its price.

The cream only needs to be applied once a day. I tried applying it 2-4 times a day, and it doesn't change its effect.

Try it and please report back so other old bucks may benefit. No, I'm not a stockholder!
    Have you ever compared it to Aspercreme? It appears to be the same active ingredient (Trolamine Salicylate.) I’m looking for something for my thumbs, I’m having a hard time fretting - bass player here.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Haven’t read the entire thread but several people on keto and carnivore forums claims to have either “fixed” or greatly reduced their arthritis pain by using the keto diet or the carnivore diet.

And by “several” I actually mean a lot. If it were only a handful of people I wouldn’t give it much credit but when so many people are making the claim it would seem to have some merit.

Site Supporter

I've tried Blue Emu, but found Penetrex to work better for my neck. "Better" wasn't quite enough so I switched to Voltaren (generic is fine, available OTC).
    IMO... I would try Blue Emu and Penetrex first.... Voltaren/Diclofenac is still an NSAID and better to avoid it if you find something else that works for you.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I've tried Blue Emu, but found Penetrex to work better for my neck. "Better" wasn't quite enough so I switched to Voltaren (generic is fine, available OTC).
    IMO... I would try Blue Emu and Penetrex first.... Voltaren/Diclofenac is still an NSAID and better to avoid it if you find something else that works for you.
    I just got a small tube of Voltaren yesterday, I think I’ll give it a try so I can compare it against other things.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I'm a 77 year old male who has been shooting pistols for 50 years but I don't play guitar.

Blue Emu is good stuff. I use on anything that hurts. Hips, back, neck, shoulders, wrists and hands. My wife has a shoulder that hurt in the night keeping her from sleeping. Blue Emu and she sleeps all night.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just got a small tube of Voltaren yesterday, I think I’ll give it a try so I can compare it against other things.
    The closer the inflammation is to the skin the better it should work. Bony fingers? Should be helpful. Sciatica underneath thick glutes? Probably not.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The closer the inflammation is to the skin the better it should work. Bony fingers? Should be helpful. Sciatica underneath thick glutes? Probably not.
    This is for pain at the base of my thumbs. I’ll also do one at a time to have a comparison.
    Ken

Ok, Blue Emu arrived. Let’s see if I sprout feathers.
    Ken

User Tag List