Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Handling Arthritis

A friend applies Aspercream with Lidocane to sensitive areas of her hand before shooting.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Interesting. I put Blue Emu on the thumb that hurt more than the other, and now it hurts less than the other. I don’t think it’s placebo effect.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

beware of what you take

FWIW--NSAI meds like voltaren and motrin,if taken daily, increase your risks to heart attack by close to 30% as well as increased risk to GI ulcers

I use hyaluronic acid daily and it has helped decrease my pain in all of my joints greatly

the best way to handle arthritis is to warm up your joints and keep moving as long as you can(MHO) there is no cure

Regular use of NSAIDS gave me a stomach ulcer.
    I rarely take one now, maybe before a match.
    I have an aching finger now after a practice session Sunday.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Regular insaid use also increases kidney disease risk. I have severe arthritis and kidney disease. Voltaren(diclofenac)provides outstanding relief from inflammation and hence pain. Ceasing taking diclofenac raised pain level so high that hydrocodone was needed to control it. However, being zonked is a poor existence. I asked to be given diclofenac again and got immediate relief. I told my family doc to cut the dope script in half. Now things are much better. My aim is to continue tapering the hydrocodone and then use it infrequently. So far my test data continue to stay within desirable boundaries.

Voltaren creme is available over the counter. It works and if used as directed has slight risk.
    Last edited by willie; 08-08-2023 at 05:34 PM.

Journey has been interesting, learning what works for my joints and what doesn't. Mostly have found db weight lifting and cable work doesn't aggravate me anywhere near what barbell lifts can lead to. I also realized I needed to get back to low impact cardio to get the joints moving. So I have been lifting for about 40 minutes and 20-30 minutes of low impact cardio. I feel good, a lot less stiff. VA finally decided on my claim and have a lot of support at my disposal now. One thing my doctor told me was to maintain blood work and take a good multivitamin/ probiotic

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Strengthener-...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

I use these exercise tools for the arthritis in my hands. I have them sitting by my computer and pick them up several times through the day and use them. It's helped me a lot. Motion is lotion.

I also take Glucosamine and fish oil.

Somebody on here recommended Blue Emu cream and I started using it.
    The arthritis in my hands had been acting up and I realized I hadn't been using my hand exercise tools. Better now after getting back to them more often. You gotta keep moving.

User Tag List