Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Handling Arthritis

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Ketogenic type of diet. Minimize carbohydrates, eliminate sugars, consume higher fats and moderate protein. Add Tumeric Curcumin to your daily intake.

ETA - I have had chronic back pain from injury going as far back as the mid 90's and have been on about everything to maintain the pain since. Throughout my career with gear, training, etc, I have had 7 surgeries in the last 15 years. I was near 240 in Jan 2018. Went on the above diet. Down to 208lbs as I sit here, but the biggest thing is that I am virtually pain free in the joints, all joints. I have been this same weight in the past but never pain free.

Father is 75 with swollen hands barely functioned. Same diet routine, his hands have little pain and he can use them again recently.
    I've become more and more of a believer in the keto diet the longer I've been on it and the more aware I've become on what a healthy keto diet looks like. It isn't just butter covered, bacon wrapped steaks with almonds.

When I was having problems with (what I thought was) carpal tunnel, member @Mjolnir recommended tumeric. After about a week I feel it started to help with some of the symptoms. I've continued to take it even after discovering that my issue wasn't carpal tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    After using acetaminophen(Tylenol ingredient)frequently over time, blood tests showed unwanted effects on my liver. Remember, guys, that all these different medicines--prescription and otc--can cause harm and require monitoring. Acetaminophen is a component of Vicodin and maybe other pain meds so we can be taking the stuff and not know it.
    My mom's liver started shutting down due to Tylenol abuse, so yeah it is easier to happen than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I've become more and more of a believer in the keto diet the longer I've been on it and the more aware I've become on what a healthy keto diet looks like. It isn't just butter covered, bacon wrapped steaks with almonds.

When I was having problems with (what I thought was) carpal tunnel, member @Mjolnir recommended tumeric. After about a week I feel it started to help with some of the symptoms. I've continued to take it even after discovering that my issue wasn't carpal tunnel.

My mom's liver started shutting down due to Tylenol abuse, so yeah it is easier to happen than you might think.
    Good to hear you had good results, brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Ellefritz posted this on his Active Response Training Weekend Knowledge Dump:

7 Pistol-Shooting Tips For People With Arthritis

https://www.nrafamily.org/articles/2...ith-arthritis/

A physician provides valuable information about strategies arthritic folks can implement to avoid painful shooting sessions. From personal experience, I can also highly recommend topical diclofenac gel (prescription only) before and after your practice sessions.

User Tag List