Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disingenuous apology by Ellen's in West End, Dallas

Disingenuous apology by Ellen's in West End, Dallas

Well - this is no big surprise.

If you hadn't heard - there was a kerfuffle, because Ellen's, a restaurant near the NRA convention had posted on the bottom of their receipts how part of the proceeds were going to "reasonable and effective" gun regulations.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...h-nra.amp.html

And of course, they were called out - and then issued an apology, saying it's all a misunderstanding. We love 2a.

Naturally, they got outed, when people found the owner's FB page, when he debated whether or not to tell NRA folks to "F" off, but settled on taking their money.

https://www.facebook.com/COLIONNOIR/...rGXru8&fref=nf

I guess my biggest issue with the way that they’re doing this is letting people know after they’ve had their meal, and have to pay the check. It’s slimy, underhanded and passive-aggressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My suspicion is that the owners thought it would be a sneaky way to get one over on the NRA crowd (because flyover deplorables caint read so good), and that they would later post their triumph by getting one over the ignorant and clueless hicks.

And it didn't play out the way they imagined. Instead of ignorataiting them really faincy writings on the bottom, the rednecks actually read and understood what was going on, and told others about it! That wasn't supposed to happen! The NRA people were supposed to be too stupid to notice!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Banned
    I would like to see about 200 people from the convention go to Ellen's en masse and take over every table in the restaurant and order plain black coffee and sit there for about 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I would like to see about 200 people from the convention go to Ellen's en masse and take over every table in the restaurant and order plain black coffee and sit there for about 4 hours.
    Oh, FUCK YES! So wish I were in Dallas, and not in Glynco this week... I can nurse me a cup of coffee a LONG time.

Not really worth the effort, especially as the owners are complaining of bullying and ect. Just ignore them, and they will go away.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Well, an otherwise unknown Dallas restaurant managed to make national attention and go viral.

Now they will no doubt get attention from kooks which they will blame on all gunowners.

the one who suffers will be the waiter/waitress who has no say in their boss's politics and needs tips to live.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    the one who suffers will be the waiter/waitress who has no say in their boss's politics and needs tips to live.
    Not if every table tips the waitstaff appropriately. I'd tip a waiter $20+ an hour to prove a point, if everyone else would too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Surely the owner of such a fine, progressive establishment, pays the employees a living wage and does not allow tipping!?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List