Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 10rd mags

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Which follower do you have in your mags?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The 2183-2 followers.

Mp 2.0......

Starting to think about this with a safety and modify FS mags. No experience. Cheapest.
    Get the 19 (Have the most experience with it. 3 years of carrying and training with gen 4s).
    Or
    A P30 dasa (have mag pouch and 6 mags)

I do hear a ton of praise for the PX4CC as well. Being hammer fired AND G19 size with lots of great Langdon upgrades it checks a lot of boxes for me, that I wanted in the LTT that I can’t afford.
    Last edited by newyork; 05-08-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Which follower do you have in your mags?

And this is where the OEM 10 round magazines start rubbing me the wrong way. Why should we have to go through the trouble of cobbling together random magazine bits to make something that should just work, work? I get it if it’s a random issue on a pistol, stuff happens. But magazines? What’re you going to do? Cobble together random parts until you find a magical combination that works for EVERY 10 round magazine that you might be carrying? That’s insane.

That’s why I think the 10 round Magpul solution shows great promise. The only thing they changed about their magazine geometry is they found a way to keep the magazine from going further down without screwing with the follower or how it moves up and down inside the magazine body. Kinda like everyone else who’s made a 10 round magazine that doesn’t suck, which is most companies.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I don't Disagree, I found what worked for me in my situation. As always your mileage may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    And this is where the OEM 10 round magazines start rubbing me the wrong way. Why should we have to go through the trouble of cobbling together random magazine bits to make something that should just work, work? I get it if it’s a random issue on a pistol, stuff happens. But magazines? What’re you going to do? Cobble together random parts until you find a magical combination that works for EVERY 10 round magazine that you might be carrying? That’s insane.

That’s why I think the 10 round Magpul solution shows great promise. The only thing they changed about their magazine geometry is they found a way to keep the magazine from going further down without screwing with the follower or how it moves up and down inside the magazine body. Kinda like everyone else who’s made a 10 round magazine that doesn’t suck, which is most companies.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Yeah I went through the mess of switching followers and even springs for a bit. To be fair, I think I only ever experienced malfunctions with one mag, every other time it was just a failure to lock back when empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few years back, I had put a lot of rounds through 10 round G17 magazines. I was shooting a GLOCK 34 in production division, and half my matches were in NJ. To make things simple, I just used 10 round magazines exclusively (since I could only load 10 rounds anyway). To sum up my experience, they worked OK for me as long as the springs were fresh. I started having issues after a year, so I replaced the mag springs with Wolf springs. They're a little harder to load, but I get 3 times the life out of them. They still needed refreshing after 3 years. YMMV.

Last night I took 9 of my OEM 10-round Glock mags and tested them in my Gen3 G19 and G17.

My mags consist of:

G19 OEM 10-round x 4
    G17 OEM 10-round x 5

I put 1 round of 147gr HST in each mag, and used the slide stop lever to drop the slide in an attempt to chamber the round. I repeated the test several times for each mag. One failure to feed was considered a failure for that magazine, even if subsequent attempts with the same mag were successful.

Here's the results.

G19:
    Choked on 3 out of 4 G19 mags. Failure rate of 75%
    Choked on 4 out of 5 G17 mags. Failure rate of 80%

G17:
    Choked on 0 of 5 G17 mags. Failure rate of 0%

Prelim Conclusions:
    The G17 appears much less susceptible than the G19 to feeding issues with the OEM 10-rounders. I assume there is different geometry in the feed ramp, but I can't confirm it. FWIW my Glocks are late model Gen 3's with stock frames and internals. Mags are less than 1 year old and have stock baseplates, springs and followers.

I have Magpul 10-round mags coming, and I'll test them and report back.
    Last edited by Mark D; 05-08-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Corrected ratios

PensFan
    Order the older 1812-3 follower.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=420

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    Order the older 1812-3 follower.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=420
    From what I've read elsewhere, this is not a guaranteed fix. If you have experience to the contrary, I'd welcome more data.

Results aren’t promising.

User Tag List