Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 10rd mags

Small sample size, but I have seven 17 length 10 round mags for competing in NY that have worked fine for the last 18,000 rounds or so. They do see some occasional HSTs and gold dots through them, also with no issue.

According to the internet, I have been lucky or I don't shoot enough.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 05-06-2018 at 04:28 PM.

I personally know a few g19 shooters that have never had issues. May just go for it. Any more experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Are the new gen5 10rd mags an improvement or is this not really known?
    From what I can see all they did was change the color of the follower and use the new 5th gen floor plate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Stuck with 10rds here in NY. I use OEM 10rd in my 19 and have had 0 issues with FMJ or HP.

Mario

Until very recently I thought the 10 round Glock mags were solid. I've put over 10,000 rounds through G17s and G19s using OEM 10 round mags, without any issues.

However, after re-reading some of the threads hereabouts, I decided to re-test my carry set up. Yesterday at a pistol class I stuffed a couple of G19 10-round OEM mags with 124+p Gold Dot, and 147 gr HST. The gun choked twice - failures to feed. Both times I examined the failure and found the round hung up on the feed lips, near the bottom of the feed ramp.

After both malfunctions, I removed the mag, reinserted it, and attempted to drop the slide using the slide stop lever. The rounds refused to feed.

The problem was not specific to one particular magazine. The gun has stock internals, and until yesterday, has fired over 3500 rounds with a single malfunction.

When I got home I tried re-creating the problem by manually cycling a OEM 10-round mag of 147 gr HST through the pistol. I used the slide stop lever to drop the slide. The first 9 rounds fed, but the 10th failed to feed. I repeated the test a couple of times and got the same result.

These OEM mags are less than a year old and still have strong springs - loading that 10th round is tough without a Uplula.

I’m now very skeptical about the OEM 10-round mags for the Glock 19. I’m considering a grip chop to G26 length, but will try the Magpul 10-rounders before cutting the frame.

Side note: Thanks to PF for helping me daylight this issue. I’m not thrilled about the problem, but I prefer to find out about on a sunny, relaxed afternoon, instead of during a shit storm.
    Last edited by Mark D; 05-07-2018 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Spelling

FWIW, I have exactly one old used G19 10rnder. Strictly for range use, as I live in a "free" state.

Put untold hundreds of ammo of all kinds through a G19 and a G23 w/ conversion barrel. Nary a problem. It functions better than my two Magpul G17 17rnd mags.

Which follower do you have in your mags?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Until very recently I thought the 10 round Glock mags were solid. I've put over 10,000 rounds through G17s and G19s using OEM 10 round mags, without any issues.

However, after re-reading some of the threads hereabouts, I decided to re-test my carry set up. Yesterday at a pistol class I stuffed a couple of G19 10-round OEM mags with 124+p Gold Dot, and 147 gr HST. The gun choked twice - failures to feed. Both times I examined the failure and found the round hung up on the feed lips, near the bottom of the feed ramp.

After both malfunctions, I removed the mag, reinserted it, and attempted to drop the slide using the slide stop lever. The rounds refused to feed.

The problem was not specific to one particular magazine. The gun has stock internals, and until yesterday, has fired over 3500 rounds with a single malfunction.

When I got home I tried re-creating the problem by manually cycling a OEM 10-round mag of 147 gr HST through the pistol. I used the slide stop lever to drop the slide. The first 9 rounds fed, but the 10th failed to feed. I repeated the test a couple of times and got the same result.

These OEM mags are less than a year old and still have strong springs - loading that 10th round is tough without a Uplula.

I’m now very skeptical about the OEM 10-round mags for the Glock 19. I’m considering a grip chop to G26 length, but will try the Magpul 10-rounders before cutting the frame.

Side note: Thanks to PF for helping me daylight this issue. I’m not thrilled about the problem, but I prefer to find out about on a sunny, relaxed afternoon, instead of during a shit storm.

Seems about 50/50. Not great.
    I honestly want the Langdon but I NEED a practical all around, simple, reliable 9mm that is the same size as the 19 or similar. With the gadget and Glock parts etc being Everywhere and cheap and having some years of Glock experience, I was naturally headed in that direction and the gen 5 looks good to me.
    Last edited by newyork; 05-07-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Seems about 50/50. Not great.
    I honestly want the Langdon but I NEED a practical all around, simple, reliable 9mm that is the same size as the 19 or similar. With the gadget and Glock parts etc being Everywhere and cheap and having some years of Glock experience, I was naturally headed in that direction and the gen 5 looks good to me.
    Mp 2.0......

Glock 10rd mags

No 10rd mags exist for the compact yet. Maybe with a safety but I haven’t touched one of their safeties. I’m used to 1911 safeties and the m&P seems so much higher. I hate HK safety heights. I’d rather no safety in that case and the gadget offers a layer of safety without a safety that the smith doesn’t have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by newyork; 05-07-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

User Tag List