Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Glock 10rd mags

I have put a few thousand rounds, FMJ as range does not allow JHPs (though I shot 50 JHPs at a different range without issue), through 3 Magpul G17 sized 10 rounders without firing related issues. On 2 occasions I have had the shell casing for the last round get stuck in the feed lips. The gun fired, cycled, and I was able to remove the magazine without issue. The first occasion the casing was caught stovepipe-style by the rim, the second it was seated normally, just empty.

The only other issues I have noticed is that often the ejection of the last casing appears to be weaker than the others, with 17rd magazines (OEM Glock and Magpul) this does not occur, nor does it with 10rd OEM Glock. I've not had issues with them dropping free, either empty or loaded. I have not had any issues that affected their functionality, nothing that has caused a stoppage of fire. I would like an indicator window cut for the 5rd mark in the magazine body, but that's just me and a small complaint.

They do appear to be more dimensionally correct than the OEM 10rders as I've had no issues using them with an ALG magwell, with both standard and the GL-L baseplates.

I have used the following ammo with them

Code:
    Manufacturer                            Lot Number                Weight     

Federal American Eagle                     AE9AP                   124
    CCI Blazer Brass                           5200                    115
    Federal American Eagle                     AE9DP                   115 
    Magtech Sport                              MP9A                    115
    Browning Train & Practice                  B191800092              115   
    Sellier & Bellot                           SB9A                    115 
    Speer Lawman                               53651                   124
    Sellier & Bellot                           SB9B                    124 
    Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics                  9AP                     115
    Federal American Eagle                     AE9FP                   147
    Speer Lawman                               53620                   147
    PerFecta (Fiocchi)                         PF912400                124

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Might be your gun doesn't like Magpuls.

I bought 10 Magpul GL9s last November, and none of them work for me anymore.....they fail-to-feed with varying frequency.....some every round, most every other round, some a couple times per mag. Is that what is happening with yours, or something different?
    Varying frequency is a good description. Sometimes 10 with no issues, sometimes one stoppage, sometimes three or four in a row. At first I thought one mag was doing better than the other one, but over the course of the night that pretty much averaged out. It's worth noting that so far I've only tried one type of HP ammo (124 Hornady XTP) with these magazines, however the same batch of ammo on the same night ran flawlessly through an HK and a CZ. The problems were with a fairly well-worn Gen 2.

I really wanted these to work.

Years ago I had a few issues with 10rd in a gen4. This was using 2 guns and 4-5000 rds in a year. Issues were with one of the 2 gen4.

I have another friend who has had issues with 10rd locally but he also had issues with g43 and g42 guns so idk.

I have a bunch of friends that shoot or used to shoot Glock 19s with 10rd mags and they have had no issues over very many rounds. All oem 10rd. Practice, matches and classes. One of them also ran a G21 with 10rd.

We used to be able to have grandfathered 15rd so the 10rd were run 2013-present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

I've found that carefully fitting the current generation standard capacity 9mm Glock followers (labeled 9mm6) into 10 round Glock magazines tends to clear up any kind of reliability problems with those magazines. However, the capacity indicators on the back of the magazines do not work anymore. I've recently invested into 10 of the new Magpul Glock 19 sized restricted capacity magazines and have yet to have a feeding malfunction in over 1500 rounds firing everything ranging from cheap 115gr Walmart special ammunition to 147gr Federal HST. If neither of those methods are working, and stock Glock 19 10-round magazines are not reliable, you can try installing 9mm3 followers into those and hope for the best. Otherwise, you're stuck buying epoxied and riveted blocked standard capacity magazines from a retailer like Jestice Arms.

For those of you with Magpul GL9 mags running into issues - at what round count did you start seeing issues? I'm running GL9 17 and 19 mags both in the 10 round configuration and standard configuration with a permanent 10 round magblock. I haven't seen anything except a single failure to feed on a brand new mag with a brand new G19 Gen 3 which I have not been able to replicate.

User Tag List