Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 10rd mags

Glock 10rd mags

I know they don’t have a great rep. I’ve had a few that were iffy and a couple friends who have had some too but the majority of ppl I know locally have used them for 1000s of rounds without issue.

Having said that, is there a general consensus on what’s more known for reliability; g19 or G17 mags? Or are they pretty equally good/bad?

Based on DocGKR’s reports, I’d just not bother. I think you’d have much better results with Magpul’s 10 round Glock PMAGs. I’ve got a little over half a case through 2 (124 gr and 147 gr Lawman) and have had 0 issues thus far. They’ve also fed 124gr Gold Dot with no issues too. Still testing and evaluating.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I kvetched about the issues with 10-round Glock magazines in this thread, before the Magpul 10 round magazines came out.

I was having the issue that although FMJ ran just fine in 10-round glock 17 magazines, the last round of more or less any JHP I tried would get stuck on the front lip of the magazine, not making it to the feed ramp.

I bought 6 G17 10round pmags after they came out... I have sent not a lot of Critical Duty 9mm through them (200 rounds) and have had no problems so far.

Looking into a g19. Been a long time since I’ve had one. Then I remembered the mags. If the p mags are good I’d do it. Otherwise look elsewhere for gun choices.

Site Supporter
    G26 with +0 pinkie extension base plates on factory 10 round stubby G26 magazines gives you a solid gun with magazines that won't give up under pressure.

More interested in the 19/17.

I don't care for sub-compacts either. If the Magpul 10rd G mags aren't up to snuff, maybe consider a P30 or P2k. I've heard no complaints on the HK 10rd mags.

Glock 10rd mags

My 19s have had more issues than the 17s, but some of those were used so hard to say. I don’t have anywhere near the rounds on them that I’d like, but I’ve been very pleased with the Magpul 10 rounders so far. I’ve run a few boxes through two and just got two more. Hopefully in a few more months I won’t need any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 05-05-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Being in this boat as well, I have a bunch of the glock 19 10 round magazines. In another thread I posted about how I changed the followers that I got from glock that change the angle of the round in the magazine as it feeds. That being said, I've personally (not the gospel) had no issues with my gen 5 guns and running the ammo through the 10 rounders. It's been a mix of Lawman,aguila,S&B,PPU and Priv Partizan as well as 147 HST's. Don't get me wrong, I am 100% convinced there are issues with them as others have stated and experienced and perhaps I haven't shot enough to experience them.

I don't have the free capital to devote to 2x of a new platform.

Just my experience, worth exactly what you paid for it.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Are the new gen5 10rd mags an improvement or is this not really known?

User Tag List