Thread: Keepers Holster Question

Keepers Holster Question

Let me preface this with this is in no way bashing or arguminitive towards keepers holsters-

Okay so im highly considering jumping into the 92 world (again) with the release of the new LTT Elite. That being said ill be needing a new holster. I thought id check out the offerings from Keepers, especially since he is now running a pastablaster. Went through the order process just to price check and was pretty well caught off guard. $165 for a holster? A base model no additions at that? "Interesting" i said aloud. So heres my question. What exactly places the keepers holster at double the price of offerings from JMCK and DSG? Im sure there is a reason, especially with the amount of folks using them. There are certainly features i like about it over some i have used in the past. Im no holster snob and i have no problem dropping coin on quality stuff. Im just curious is all. Maybe this was a mess up on the site but i double checked it and it came up to the same total. Im sure this post will piss some off or some will think im being a picky asshole, but im seriously just curious.

Thanks for any help.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

I'll be ordering one soon as well.

Basically, the Keepers gets the price it does because people are willing to pay it. Free market and what not. Why are people willing to pay it? Because it has nearly infinite adjustability, its ruggeds enough for FoF retention work, and has a proven to be able to be used to an exteremely high level of proficency.

Those are a few of the reasons I am going to be ordering one shortly.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 05-05-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I'll be ordering one soon as well.

Basically, the Keepers gets the price it does because people are willing to pay it. Free market and what not. Why are people willing to pay it? Because it has nearly infinite adjustability, its ruggeds enough for FoF retention work, and has a proven to be able to be used to an exteremely high level of proficency.

Those are a few of the reasons I am going to be ordering one shortly.

-Cory
    Thanks. The points you made are actually some of the main reasons im looking in to one.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

I do wish more info was available directly on the website. @LangdonTactical recently posted the Keeper on his website and I asked a question at the same time spotting the used (tested), holster in the classifieds. The answer I received seems different then what I seem to experience. (and I will not be able to test more until I can get my hands on those other decockers that haven't been released)
    My PX4 is one with the low profile Ambi slide releases, and they catch going into the holster, enough that they are moving that I expect them to force the hammer back. My current decockers on this gun, won't work with it as they are the 92 style. (preference over the low profile)
    I haven't even been able to locate my gun on the Keepers site, and with the hours I was working, and now may be exceeding (or quitting), actual phone communication is a PITA (will have to sleep less in order to talk to someone during normal business hours).
    I am also new to Kydex in general and wish I could easily try the others, so this thread is of interest.
    Last edited by beenalongtime; 05-06-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Been... not exactly what you were asking for, but here is an interview with Spencer Keepers where he goes into some detail re: the design ethos of his holsters and their use. You can also listen to this same interview via podcast. http://https://youtu.be/J29nBOrngSs
    Last edited by Tensaw; 05-06-2018 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Fixed the link... and teed up to be getting into some of the "what's special about the holster" discussion.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

They’re the most comfortable holsters I’ve ever used. I have one for a 34, one for a 5” 1911, and an Errand for a 43. I’ll soon order one for a Beretta when I settle into which model I want to carry. I would love it if they were $25 less but I’m willing to pay what they ask for them because they work for me and they are almost indestructible.

I played with an example.

All of my kydex AIWB holsters since have been JMCK and CCC. I didn't observe how it did anything that other holsters from reputable shops shops did for half the price. The owner didn't find it to be Earth shattering, either.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List