Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Safariland ALS, The "nub"

Interesting. I’ve been using 637x ALS holsters for years (not uniform carry, though) and have never had an issue with the size of the release button. This might be one of those things you have to try to fully appreciate. However, I suspect it would preclude use of my usual accessory for these holsters - the 6006 ALS guard.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    I misunderstood completely then. I could have swore they said you can push against it and release the pistol sooner. Oh well. I'm getting old. Hehehe. My apologies.
    "Faster:

The reversed angle matches up with the pad of your thumb sooner than the factory button. "

I read this part and thought the same as you. Looks like an interesting mod, but $25 seems high for such a small piece of plastic...
    Last edited by DC_P; 05-05-2018 at 08:21 AM.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    "Faster:

The reversed angle matches up with the pad of your thumb sooner than the factory button. "

I read this part and thought the same as you. Looks like an interesting mod, but $25 seems high for such a small piece of plastic...
    It's aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Interesting. I’ve been using 637x ALS holsters for years (not uniform carry, though) and have never had an issue with the size of the release button. This might be one of those things you have to try to fully appreciate. However, I suspect it would preclude use of my usual accessory for these holsters - the 6006 ALS guard.
    It's less of an issue with non 1911 holsters. It surprisingly awesome on the 1911 one.

I ran my SLS nub mod through new hire firearms training at my agency a little more than two years ago.

It was an absolute, abject failure. The serrations on the SLS nub mod were just irritating and at one point, the skin on my thumb actually had three "cuts" that lined up with the serrations/ridges on the nub. I have pretty rough hands and dry skin so i dont think the nub cut me, i think the continued wear of drawing essentially caused my skin to crack.

I LIKED the idea behind the mod but the company needs to produce a slick nub for the SLS series of safariland holsters. There is really zero reason to have those ridges cut on the piece.

Just a little something for end users to consider before buying.

The ALS-only Nub Mod does not have the grooves found on the SLS/ALS Nub. I have one installed on a 7TS ALS-only, which works great, and I cannot imagine getting any benefit from having a grooved surface.

Agreed, as my pics on pg 1 show. No grooves.

It's almost like there is no release at all. There were a couple stages on Sunday with running. I noticed a lot of guys holding their guns in place. I was able to run without concern.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    It's almost like there is no release at all. There were a couple stages on Sunday with running. I noticed a lot of guys holding their guns in place. I was able to run without concern.
    Nothing about an open gun inspires confidence in running.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    The ALS-only Nub Mod does not have the grooves found on the SLS/ALS Nub. I have one installed on a 7TS ALS-only, which works great, and I cannot imagine getting any benefit from having a grooved surface.
    Unfortunately, I do not believe the ALS nub will work with the SLS holster hood. There isn't enough clearance.

User Tag List