Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Safariland ALS, The "nub"

I've tried a couple of these at work on other people's holsters and I like them a lot. I'm also struggling with the $25 price...for one holster that's fine, but I'm going to have to drop about $100 to outfit all my ALS holsters if I go this route.

I am considering trying this but have a question for people who have used it:

I have two ALS holsters, one for a USPc and one for a VP9. For some reason the VP9 is less consistent to release for me. If I make sure to activate the lever fully, no problems, but when I try to draw faster I sometimes (maybe 15% of the time) don't get a release of the retention. I NEVER have this problem with the USP. Not sure if this is down to the design of the gun/holster, but the VP9 seems to require further movement of the release lever.

The question is, does this mod change the travel required to release the retention?
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

My wife and I got these for our 7TS holsters in use with Glock and HK VP9 pistols. Work great, and more on the way!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not believe the ALS nub will work with the SLS holster hood. There isn't enough clearance.
    They offer a version that works with the SLS hood.

--------------

I bought two of these: one for an ALS holster and one to work with the ALS/SLS combo. I like the ALS only version. I forgot that I had given my ALS/SLS holster to one of the deputies...

I'll probably just put it on one of my other ALS holsters.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

My wife has another neat accessory that she often uses in conjunction with the Nub.

Name:  94307ECB-401C-4E14-A4EC-C2F6E2C39776.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  46.8 KB

Name:  A728BE05-E931-4EFD-AAF7-411146E51476.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  41.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Lol...

Just received/installed mine on a SLS/ALS 7Ts After working some dry reps, the times on my average draw to a sight picture are down from 1.3 to 1.0. More valuable to me is the reduction (so far elimination) in fumbled draws from either missing the ALS button or pressing it improperly.

My concern is that it feels like I have effectively disabled a level of retention on my holster.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 01-28-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Just received/installed mine on a SLS/ALS 7Ts After working some dry reps, the times on my average draw to a sight picture are down from 1.3 to 1.0. More valuable to me is the reduction (so far elimination) in fumbled draws from either missing the ALS button or pressing it improperly.

My concern is that it feels like I have effectively disabled a level of retention on my holster.
    You should pressure test it and find out. I think I am going to try one of these out. I have two 7T holsters and I will set one up with it and one with out and get with one of the DT guys from my department and see if there is any difference.

User Tag List