Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: From CIA to cop

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    And how did that work out for Nietzsche? Maybe Schnitzel House wasn't any better than Waffle House.
    It was that extra serving of strudel that ultimately undid him.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I hate to break this away from the Waffle House discussion, but my favorite part of the article was the superpower Mr. Supercop had to identify a pistol's chambering by its sound alone, and to know to if the shooter had good trigger control via the same method. It's hard to know how much of this is a guy feeding a reporter bs, and how much is simply bad reporting.

On Waffle House--the hash browns rock, but never, ever, order a steak there. It's a contest of who's eating who first.

I'm more of a lurker on this forum than I am a poster. But this thread got my attention, as I have a background in the IC and subsequently entered the LE community. I'll be the first to say that I have immense respect for CIA and the analysts, case officers, and others who work in that organization. But I feel as though mainstream America hears the letters "CIA" and immediately thinks Jason Bourne. I spent a solid portion of my professional life in the intel community and never encountered the type of threats/danger that your average police officer encounters on a daily basis. I don't know the man who's the subject of this article, or his background. But the comment about him being concerned about his fellow officers shooting him in the back during room clearing made me cringe...if he's truly in a position to identify a training deficiency, he should address that within his Dept...not use it as an anecdote to self-aggrandize with a New York reporter.

Site Supporter
    The author of this article might be like lots of people -- they can't tell the difference between somebody who talks good and somebody who IS good.

But, this Skinner guy has "Arctic-blue eyes, and a magnetic social energy that has the effect of putting people around him at ease" so I can see how the author might be fooled . . . I wonder what the REAL story is with that guy

Smelling bullshit.
    #RESIST

User Tag List