Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: From CIA to cop

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    I laughed pretty hard at the article. My favorite part where it said he and 4 other cops were clearing a building and he was the only one to keep his weapon holstered because they will shoot each other with guns out. Wonder if the CIA taught him that nugget of wisdom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I caught that too. I immediately thought "Put ol Jason Borne there in a Simunition shoot house with that tactic and Imma light him up playing the bad guy. Be like a swarm of bees on him I'll get so many hits before he clears Kydex."

Wasn't there another article about about a CIA-turned-cop a few months ago? New York City maybe?

Or was it the other way around, a cop who joined the CIA, because doing counter-terrorism stuff was similar to gang-busting?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post

Or was it the other way around, a cop who joined the CIA, because doing counter-terrorism stuff was similar to gang-busting?
    If you count contracting, that’s common enough that I know more than one person who’s done it. And I’m an arts/music guy, not LE...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post

As far as the CIA part, it sounds like BS except that the government hired a lot of unqualified people to work with the provisional government in Iraq.
    That was kind of my thought, I have heard a lot of people claim to be "OGA" when in reality they were a DoS/DoD/ABC contractor who did help desk support for 6 months.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    In the CIA, or just ultra liberal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, just ultra liberal police officer.
    I did apply to the CIA almost thirty years ago though! I got the coolest rejection letter on CIA letterhead!

CWM11B
    The guy is a total bullshit artist and attention whore. I liked the part where " pollice kill nearly a thousand citizens a year". Well if a number less than halfway to a thousand counts, then yeah...
    Dude will get outed as a poser and fraud. I'll bet money on it.

I try not to make judgements about people's backgrounds or stories, I've had plenty of experience meeting folks who really were who they said they were in a former "life."

However, no matter what background this guy has, he's a tool bag, and he should STFU about stuff he clearly doesn't understand...

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    Wonder if the CIA taught him that nugget of wisdom.
    Something to remember is the vast majority of case officers are not ground branch/SAD/paramilitary officers. The latter are extremely well trained in weapons, tactics, and force application.....and the reason they exist is because case officers are not extremely well trained in weapons, tactics, and force application....

My guess is 99% that this guy had more in common with a congressional staffer than Jason Bourne.

I really rolled my eyes when he insinuated that CIA case officers are better trained to conduct police work than actual police officers. Give me a fucking break......
    Last edited by TGS; 05-04-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    The guy is a total bullshit artist and attention whore. I liked the part where " pollice kill nearly a thousand citizens a year". Well if a number less than halfway to a thousand counts, then yeah...
    Dude will get outed as a poser and fraud. I'll bet money on it.
    After telling his fellow officers that they're not smart enough to search a building without shooting each other, no wait he didn't have the courtesy to even do that, after using a national publication to call his coworkers a bunch of idiots that aren't smart enough to search a building without shooting each other, I don't see him lasting long there. He better get used to being on everyone's radar.
    Last edited by txdpd; 05-04-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Site Supporter
    The part about the homeless mentally ill woman really had me rolling mu eyes. He elects to gerry her about, spend six dollars to buy her breakfast, and then drop her to loiter at Waffle House. What are the odds that she'll expect the same treatment from both Skinner and every other cop the next night? What if the next officer can't afford or doesn't want to spend six dollars the next night? Is her presence in Waffle House welcomed by anyone? Is it bringing in customers to support the establishment or perhaps driving them elsewhere? Lastly, what is the end result? An officer on another shift calls for an ambulance for her. While I don't know Savannah, I'm inclined to think the other officer is doing more to connect this woman with the mental health system.

Why do I think that our ex-spook's addresses him much the way Superintendent Chambers addresses the principal of Springfield Elementary? "SKINNNER!!!!"

User Tag List